Podcast/Interview Thread (MMA/Boxing etc) 🎧

Egg Shen

• 5 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Listening to bits of Urijah Faber on Bisping's podcast and I loved this, particularly from around 6:45 onwards...

"You little guys, Urijah, you consider yourself like women. Like you can't be touched. But if you overstep the line you will get cracked." 

And I had no idea about Faber trying to set up a fight with Bisping years ago to sell as an online PPV thing. What the fuck? Bisping's take on that is quality as well. "If you had any level of success then I look like an absolute fucking arsehole. And my career's over. I mean, here's me boxing a fucking midget."

:laugh: listen to it, it's his delivery of the midget line that got me. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• 5 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

Again, Cody comes across as likeable. I've never been so conflicted

People like that always come across as nice until someone threatens their feeling of being dominant. As soon as that happens, that's when the impulse control goes flying out the window and they lose all self-restraint as they try to reestablish that feeling of dominance. It's what you saw happen every week on TUF; as soon as someone made Cody feel like he wasn't the dominant party, he went completely off the deep end.

Edited by Noah Southworth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Luke Barnatt comes off pretty well on Chael's podcast this week. Seems a switched on, decent guy. 

Reason why I mentioned it is they talk briefly about GAD. Supposedly, GAD had something to do with Luke losing his tv gig. 

Also other bits about GAD being generally a bit of a berk,  and showing off throwing pretend head kicks at a waiter in a restaurant. 

It's so wonderfully fitting of the description he gets from us lot on here. Made me smile. 

Tosser. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone seen these little Chael Sonnen mini interview thingys on YouTube? He's not doing the gimmick on these so they're really good. I've said it a few times but Chael is such an entertaining listen and a great storyteller when he's just himself. Give these a look  if you get chance. They're only a few minutes each. 

On the first time he met Randy Couture;

The time an Cuban Olympic wrestling champion offered Matt Lindland out for a fight;

How he first got into the UFC;

On Evan Tanner's death;

• Paid Members

He said on a previous podcast, when he first announced it, that he's planning on doing one for "every show". I assume he either means weekly or every big show.

Thing with Rogan is he has so many great contacts that he can get all sorts on to talk about a show. I'd love a post/pre show effort with DC and Cruz.

So long as Eddie Bravo stays away, it should be good.