Podcast/Interview Thread (MMA/Boxing etc) 🎧

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Didn't know whether to put this in the main forum or here, but Steve Austin is going to be on The Fighter & the Kid one day next week. I know a few here wont give TFATK a shot because of the Schaub factor but i imagine that'll be a great listen/watch, they'll likely talk alot of MMA.

On the subject of TFATK, Schaub's Big Brown Breakdown episodes are worth a listen. The breakdown's themselves are skipable but the interview portions are really good. He had Uncle Creepy on last week.

• Paid Members

I like Callen so it works for me, i know a few people here don't like him though. He's a funny guy, knowledgable too. I always tend to agree with Callen's views over Rogans or Schaubs when they argue, but its just impossible to win an argument with Joe Rogan.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Has anyone listened to the Joe Rogan podcast with Julie Kedzie? I was listening to it at work today and I'd definitely recommend it. Always liked Kedzie. She's always seemed like one of the coolest and nicest women in MMA and the podcast backs that up. 

She tells this story about shitting her pants during a fight that had me proper laughing out loud at work though. 

I mean fucking hell! Can you imagine? You won't hear many stories that involve Jean Claude Van Damme, Vladimir Putin, Silvio Berlusconi, Fedor Emelianenko...and a woman shitting herself and walking around not knowing it, wondering what that vile stench is. Amazing. 

The Berlusconi trying it on with her bit is what killed me...

"I smell like shit! I mean, I was as cleaned up as I could be but I was like...you are a DIRTY motherfucker!"

:laugh:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The MMA Hour is starting to become can't miss again. Silva basically said he's packing it in if he doesn't get the Yoel fight in Brazil for the interm belt. He dropped a lot of other news during the interview. He's annoyed at the UFC, obviously, feeling they've consistently let him down recently - again, money comes up.
Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

What's even more insane than the idea of Silva / Romero?

Silva / Romero for an interim belt!

Bisping isn't injured and is actively campaigning for a fight (that's already agreed by the UFC) with GSP as soon as possible.

• Paid Members

See, I think Silva is maybe best holding off. Seeing as the UFC doesn't really make sense these days, in regards to title fight and contenders, there is a fairly decent chance he'll get that monster GSP super fight after the Bisping one (should Conor not coming knocking for GSP).

• Paid Members

If he plays his cards right he could have a nice little stretch here. Like you say, if he sits it out he could potentially get that GSP fight after Bisping vs GSP plays out. Then if he beats GSP, I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he got a title shot at 185, whoever is champ then. There's always the chance of a Nick Diaz rematch too. And a Bisping rematch, with or without the belt on the line. And if it comes to it, it's a long shot but I could even see a third fight against Weidman as an outsider. 

There are options out there if he can play it smart and manoeuvre himself into the right fights. But he seems determined to play the role of wildebeest to Romero's lion for some odd reason. 

• Paid Members

Dom Cruz once again is pretty great on the MMA hour this week. I realise I'm preaching to the choir, but that man just gets it. Not just MMA, life.

I could listen to him talk for hours about anything. He's just so grounded and honest. it's refreshing. 

• Paid Members

I listened to that as well. It's really good. Very interesting listening to his thoughts on the whole Cody vs TJ and TJ/Alpha Male breakup stuff. He's been so heavily involved with all of those guys that it's fascinating listening. 

Nate Diaz is live with Helwani at the moment, and he's just spouted that he and Nick are what professional fighters should be like.

I can only dream of an alternate universe where that's a reality, it would be utterly blissful. What a world that would be.

Edited by AdamTH17

• 2 weeks later...