Podcast/Interview Thread (MMA/Boxing etc) 🎧

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Nice. Does anyone still bother with MMA Fighting shows post-Helwani?

yeh, i dip in from time to time depending on the guests. Luke Thomas is really good at hosting the show though, i used to hate on Thomas but hes grown on me over the years.

Joe said it the other day, too.

I can see both sides to be honest, visually it wasn’t a great looking stoppage - but he was only getting more fucked up, and the ref saw that.

We need someone to decide what ‘protecting the fighter’ means - is it a gut feel thing when someone’s in trouble, or is it just making sure someone who’s out cold doesn’t eat a second or third.

Joe said it the other day, too.

I can see both sides to be honest, visually it wasn’t a great looking stoppage - but he was only getting more fucked up, and the ref saw that.

We need someone to decide what ‘protecting the fighter’ means - is it a gut feel thing when someone’s in trouble, or is it just making sure someone who’s out cold doesn’t eat a second or third.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I feel dirty linking to this because of Schaub. I’m ashamed of myself. But it’s not him I’m recommending here, it’s Big Francis Ngannou. 

Francis comes off as such a genuinely top man in this. He’s like a big black GSP. Proper likeable. Could’ve done with less of Schaub keep butting in with his goofy observations but really enjoyed listening to Francis here. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's interesting. I'd love Rogan to do one similar to his Yoel interview where Joey Diaz translates French and English for Rogan. Tremendous.

In particular, I want to hear Ngannou breakdown his thoughts on his career between Stipe and Blaydes. He does a decent job with Schaub considering English doesn't come easy to either man, but I bet that's a proper fascinating listen when he's not limited by his decent English. He seems more switched on than you'd maybe expect a big KO monster to be.

• Paid Members

New podcast with Dan Hardy and Marc Goddard called ‘LISTEN’;

First 3 there. Could be worth a...well, a listen. Hardy is always good on podcast type things, as seen by his appearances on Rogan’s, London Real, True Geordie and that brief show BT did (that I can’t remember the name of) with him, John Gooden and Scroobius Pip. And it should be really interesting to get Goddard’s take on things from the POV of a current top, high profile referee. 

• Paid Members

yeh, i seen that pop up on the Fight Disciples platform, ill give them a listen. Hardy has his own podcast too called Full Reptile Radio. Still love Hardy as a personality, but i dont rate him as a commentator.

On 3/11/2019 at 8:17 PM, wandshogun09 said:

I feel dirty linking to this because of Schaub. I’m ashamed of myself. But it’s not him I’m recommending here, it’s Big Francis Ngannou. 

My favourite comment from the video is this "Its a shame his English is so broken. Slurring his words and looked like he was drooling a little at times. Francis speaks well though."