Podcast/Interview Thread (MMA/Boxing etc) 🎧

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

making a bit of a concious decision from this week to knock some of the wrestling podcasts on the head and start getting some MMA shows down me. Im literally going entire weeks now without following any MMA hype because im always balls deep in some wrestling stuff.

So i gave the Anik/Florian podcast a go today and it was a good listen, nice and light, Longo has a regular segment on there too which is a bonus. Gonna give UFC Unfiltered another blast this afternoon, but as much i am a fan of Matt Serra i never felt he translates well to the podcast with Jim Norton, never found their chemistry to be all that solid, im gonna give it another shot though.

Sticking my hard hat on as I say this, but I really like Brendan Schaub's MMA podcast. The guy who produces it and has some input is an absolutely massive wetwipe and Schaub's opinions are always OTT, but fundamentally he knows his stuff and pays due attention to stuff I'd consider important in MMA. Two hours a week seems about right for my tastes as well. 

• Paid Members

John McCarthy on Rogan's podcast is naturally well worth listening to. He must be such an easy guest. Guy justs chats away and it seems like a real conversation, with plenty of knowledge to be gained at the same time from a true OG of the sport. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, and it's bloody great. I decided to give it another go this morning.

GSP is clearly in a much better head space than he was the last time he did the JRE. They talk about everything you'd want to hear about - GSP even lets out a few cusses, the fiend.

GSP's story about the school bully, in particular, makes you want to be a better person, like him.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Just been listening to Cat Zingano on Rogan's latest podcast. Fuck me it makes for some heavy listening. She goes into detail about brain trauma and it's a real eye opener. It's something we obviously all know comes with the sport unfortunately, but you push it to the back of your mind. The way Cat describes her issues following the Amanda Nunes (which people forget Cat actually won) fight, it's scary. 

It's not just about brain trauma and I haven't even finished it yet, but I recommend giving it a listen. 

• Paid Members
On 5/22/2018 at 9:03 PM, WeeAl said:

John McCarthy on Rogan's podcast is naturally well worth listening to. He must be such an easy guest. Guy justs chats away and it seems like a real conversation, with plenty of knowledge to be gained at the same time from a true OG of the sport. 

Really good episode. Had completely gone over me that he's had to retire from refereeing as a result of his commentary gig with Bellator. Bit of a shame. 

The Sean O’Malley eps of the JRE MMA Show was good... but embarrassing. They were clearly just utterly in awe of Joe, and kept just replying ‘fuck’ and ‘shit’ and ‘dude’ to just the mundane shit. It was just listening to two dudes meet their hero and struggle to keep their shit together.

It was quite sweet that they kept asking him questions, clearly knowing the answer in advance but wanting to show they were into the same stuff as him. “Hey dude, are you interested in DMT/Ayuasca?”.... “what about those Netflix documentaries hey?”