Pokémon Go!

PunkStep

• 6 months later...
  • Paid Members

I suspect I'm the only one left playing Pokemon Go but thought I'd mentiom for any lapsed players Ninantic have announced 80+ Gen 2 Pokemon will go live this week along with a bunch of other updates.

I'm currently level 30 and have only 5 Pokemon yet to catch that are currently available. Have 46 Dratini candy and feel like I've been walking forever with it and not even half way to a Dragonite.

Anyone else still play?

• Awards Moderator

I gave up in September I think. I'd turn it on for a quick look and there was never anything around, if I left it on for a bit there'd only ever be the same three or four Pokemon, I wasn't going to have it drain my battery for an hour just in case something not boring/anything at all turned up, so deleted the app.

• Moderators

I've still got it installed, with it in the back of my mind that if they've introduced new functionality when spring rolls around and I'm willing to go out the house without gloves on them I might give it another shot.

Couldn't care less about new Pokemon being introduced though, they need to actually have added something else to do in the game for me to be interested.

• Paid Members

I played it on my old phone, but for budgetary reasons I've "upgraded" to a worse phone and so don't event think Pokemon Go will run on it. I have a mate who's stockpiling pokemon for me until they bring out trades in the hope that I reinstall it. I'm contemplating trying spark my old phone back into life for it, but I'd have to use a mouse adapter and geospoof using wifi as the screen is kaput. I think I'll stick to the Pokemon games I got for Christmas on 3DS, and hopping back into Blue & Y to try and complete those dexes instead.

• Paid Members

I've just read that this afternoon they are reducing the price of Pokemon storage by 50% to help with incoming 80 gen 2s. Luckily I've just been saving coins from my local gym on a daily basis for a while.

EDIT - Pretty interesting write up of the incoming update...

https://thesilphroad.com/news/pokemon-go-apk-v057-2-gen-2-evolution-items

Edited by DEF

Couldn't care less about new Pokemon being introduced though, they need to actually have added something else to do in the game for me to be interested.

This is my main gripe.  I still have the app and run it on my way to, from, and during work to hatch eggs but i've caught nearly all the available ones.  my interest in pokemon is minimal, i like the red game but havent played any since and never got into the cartoons or cards so its only gen1 i'm familiar with.  i dont care about new creatures, i just want to set my massive charizard loose on something rather than tedious gym battles.

Yeah the app has to be open still. I still play, I have about 5 to get but other than an Aerodactyl (never seen one) and Omastar (40 candy away) im one or two candy away from the others. I only really had interest in the original pokemon as a bit of a nostalgia trip to my childhood and collecting the cards. Ill see if the new update interests me otherwise I can see me stopping before the warm weather comes.

I still play it on the way to work 3/4 days a week for around 10 mins a day say, it's surprising how well you do just doing that, one pokestop and one pokemon everyday to keep the streaks going. I'm gonna increase how much I play now they have released a new bunch of gen 2 though.

• 1 year later...
  • Awards Moderator

THREAD NECROMANCY~!

Image result for mumm ra

Played this at launch, shrugged and put it away. My daughter got massively into the whole franchise in the past year so the whole family is now dragged into walking parties. It's been great for us - when we've nothing to do, we look up stops & gyms at places we've never Pokemonned before and go drive out there for a walk. Sad? Maybe, but if it wasn't for that we'd only stick the telly on. So it seems a good alternative.

I've just hit level 30 and still enjoy it. In fact I've just come back from a walk around the Finsbury Square area to do an Alolan Exeggutor raid. I have my first EX Raid this week and I'm looking forward to teaming up.

The recent updates including Friends etc has been huge. If anyone wants to add me - I log in daily so will send gifts ASAP - feel free. I'll come up as ElSpudderino. Drop your name in here so I can edit in your nickname.

7260 3948 1683

Edited by Onyx2

37 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Sad? Maybe,

Not in the slightest, it encourages active quality time.

My code is 9759 0518 6277

My bad health means I haven't done much in the last few months but I intend to get back into it.

• Awards Moderator
10 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Not in the slightest, it encourages active quality time.

My code is 9759 0518 6277

My bad health means I haven't done much in the last few months but I intend to get back into it.

Good excuse to get out and about then. Especially while the rain holds off. Eevee community day this weekend!