Pokémon Go!

PunkStep

GPS issues and the 1hp glitch are my biggest problems so far, hate trying to taking over a gym only for the opponent to get stuck on 1hp and fuck me over.

I've noticed a HUGE amount of asian groups/pairs playing this in my city, and then they look over at my phone to see if I'm playing too.

• Paid Members

Here's a helpful, if not long read on some do's and don'ts... https://m.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4rlnmc/some_tips_from_my_last_days_playing/

It seems your better off focusing solely on evolving the Pokemon to it's final form before you start powering up. Good to know.

The 'turn phone upside down' battery saver is great. You still get vibrations!

I've had so much fun with this today. As I mentioned the other day, my home location has very little going on in terms of stops, but my work seems like a hotbed. Went out in the car on my lunch and collected at 7 Pokestops without even needing to get out of the car! The closest gym (local works pub) is already Team owned, so I tried train there, but I got beat down. There was another bloke there who was quite obviously playing too.

On the way home I had my girlfriend drive slowly through any Pokestops road side and I managed to grab a few things from each.

This is way too much fun.

Edit - Picking up Eevee's like nobodies business. They all seem to be like 170+ CP too. Evolved to a Jolteon for 25 candys which is a steal. Ended up with a base 404 Jotleon. Sweet.

Apart from that my best is a 324 CP Butterfree (WTF?!)

Pigeot at 304

Electabuzz at 269

Got a ton of Drowzee/Pidgey/Rattata awaiting evolutions too. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

Fuuuck.

A Squirtle just appeared. I threw it a rasperberry and then trapped it, but it got out, then did a runner!

Gutted I picked Bulbasaur at the beginning now too knowing that you can get Pikachu to spawn if you walk away from them a few times.

• Paid Members

It seems your better off focusing solely on evolving the Pokemon to it's final form before you start powering up. Good to know.

Really? That's surprising, IIRC in the original games the tip is to delay evolution as much as possible and level them up as much as you can first. Luckily I think I've been ignoring this and trying to evolve them as soon as I can anyway.

A Squirtle just appeared. I threw it a rasperberry and then trapped it, but it got out, then did a runner!.

You did what?! Where do you get raspberrys from??