The "Jon Jones gone screwed up again" thread

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

May as well create a separate thread for Jones and his current situation, seeing as this will be big news for a while.

Anyway, for anybody that listened to Rogan's podcast with one Chael P. Sonnen, they'll have heard Sonnen say Jones got caught with estrogen blockers in his system. While Sonnen is a famed liar, Rogan pretty much confirmed it's what he's heard too. Apparently, estrogen blockers could be used to basically hide the use of steroids and what not. Of course, there is also a chance he mistook his Daz powder for some of his finest Colombian and it's carried something he had no clue about, leading to him ruining his career.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Has Rogan done a new podcast with Chael then?

Jones is a fucking idiot. He's got absolute bags of natural talent, he's a great fighter, he's got the physical gifts and athleticism. Yet he just continues to piss it ail up the wall. I hope I'm wrong but I genuinely can see the Jon Jones story ending very badly. He seems hell bent on self destructing. If he's like this now when he's got the fame and the money and he's in his prime...what will he be like when all that starts to fade. He seems like the type who will go even more off the rails as his career fades.

I think it's a case of it all happening so quickly for him at a young age. That's got to be a big part of it, hasn't it? As well as him just being a prick. At the start of 2008 he was nobody. 3 years later he was the youngest UFC champion ever and was dominating the likes of Shogun, Machida and Rampage. He's like MMA's version of Mike Tyson. Just seems determined to waste his prime years being a fuck up.

• Paid Members

I remember seeing this Jones tweet from earlier in June, I bet he's not calling him team captain now..

Happy birthday to my @gatsupplements teammate, I call him team captain @sadikhadzovic http://bit.ly/1taX6ej 

Ckd4Y3BWEAAQM7A.jpg

And of course, the guy is completely clean. There's actually a bit on Rogan's podcast where they go into the GAT products and crazily some of them suggested a failed drugs test could occur. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjlBGnwRyC8

Edited by lambyUK

He's like marmite but I can't help but love Chael, him asking questions as a member of the media made me crease up during Jones's presser.

But yeah I've seen a lot of talk about GAT products mostly being illegal to use within MMA competition if caught, the fact he's sponsored by them probably indicates what went wrong.

Somebody made a really great suggestion why the fuck haven't USADA started selling pre-tested supplements. Fuck me there's money to be made there.

• Paid Members

Non-profit organisations are allowed to make revenue; it's how a lot of charities and NFPs operate these days to supplement donations.

Would be better for them to simply work out deals with numerous supplements companies, to agree, after having tested them, to put their seal of approval on certain products.

There's a funny story on that podcast about Jon Jones hiding all day under a ring at Jackson's to avoid USADA. They both talk like it is common knowledge. It makes me wonder if timing this announcement 48 hours before the biggest payday in Jones' career is some way of payback.

I love to watch Jon Jones fight and despite his many issues, I consider myself a fan. This kind of feels like the last straw for me. It's desperately sad to see someone so talented continually self sabotage what could be an amazing career.  

He's like marmite but I can't help but love Chael, him asking questions as a member of the media made me crease up during Jones's presser.

I loved him back in 2010. These days the gimmick has worn thin.

However, that doesn't mean he isn't right on this occasion. 

• Paid Members

They are gonna make a movie about the life of Jon Jones one day. The craziest thing about it is how level-headed and perfect he appeared during his first few years in the UFC, you'd never have guessed that his career would go through the shit that it has.

Even if Jones gets a two year suspension, it still isn't game over for him. Light Heavyweights can peak well into their 30's. Plus, much like Heavyweight, there's not much fresh talent coming through. 

If Jones comes back in 2 years time, he'll probably still be faced with the likes of OSP, Bader and Glover as potential opponents. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

it all depends on whether Jones stays grounded now it's all gone tits up again, by the time Jones' suspension is up he would have fought 1 time in 4 years. It sucks to think that we've been robbed that much time of Jon Jones' prime.

• 2 weeks later...