The TV Ident thread

PowerButchi

A topic close to my heart. 

Wasn't there a poster on here who ran a blog which covered idents and things like start ups and closedowns? 

That was remlap. He got annoyed if people referred to a US TV station as a network if it wasn't one. How many Americans, let alone Brits, really know the difference?

• Moderators

Wasn't there a poster on here who ran a blog which covered idents and things like start ups and closedowns? 

That was remlap. He got annoyed if people referred to a US TV station as a network if it wasn't one. How many Americans, let alone Brits, really know the difference?

He also geeked off about satellite connection stuff that no one understood. Though to be fair you're pretty pedantic about the details of things that interest you that no one else particularly cares about.

He also geeked off about satellite connection stuff that no one understood. Though to be fair you're pretty pedantic about the details of things that interest you that no one else particularly cares about.

Yeah, that kind of stuff was better off at Digital Spy.

Sorry if I go overboard with my pedantry about language or politics sometimes. I don't apologise for it when it comes to football, however.

Yeah She was still doing voiceovers on it too

I thought It had ended as well and just happened to come across it, think it was Sky Sports 5 at some ungodly hour and it sent me straight back to waking up Saturday Mornings as a Kid in the late 90's and turning it on CH4 to get my weekly fix of these strange sports (the term Sports could be used loosely at times with some of the stuff being shown) from around the world

Good Times 

• Paid Members

Crikey, I thought it ended. It's been going now at least 25 years, surely.

30th anniversary next year. They proudly boast on their homepage:

Trans World Sport is the world's longest running weekly international television sports programme. We've been in continuous production every week since 5th May 1987

Archived