WWE Overload

iMPACt!

I find I avoid the over load by cherry picking what I watch, for the simple fact that after 25 years of watching consistently you can grow tired of repetition. What I tend to do is read the Raw results on a Tuesday morning and if it's deemed a good show then I'll watch it in full

That seems mad to me. Is it just wrestling you do that with, or films as well? I can't imagine sitting watching three hours of something just after reading the full synopsis. Even the best Raw episode can be a slog at the best of times, it must be a million times worse watching it pre-armed with all the results.

Just wrestling, tend to avoid anything spoilers wise about films I plan on seeing. Tbh I don't sit there with my eyes fixed on the show, usually just have it as background noise when I'm on here or Everton forums

I don't read spoilers. What I do is, I open the Raw thread and scroll quickly down to the first poster who's opinion I respect and read the first line. Usually it's, "boring/shite show this week".

Ditto. It's a good system.

I have barely watched Raw since WrestleMania and it's all thanks to tiger_rick. He's saved me hours.

I stopped watching WWE regularly in 2006 and from there, I only watched the odd Raw (such as Old School Raw) and Wrestlemania. However, I still read about wrestling in Powerslam. I attempted to get back into the programming regularly in 2010 when Bret Hart returned and I was amazed at how familiar the product was, despite not watching regulary for 4 years, most of the same guys were main eventing and the programmes all seemed very familiar.

When the WWE Netwrork launched in 2014 I started watching the Raw after shows and backstage pass programmes, I found this give me enough information as to what was happening rather than having to sit through hours of often monotonous programming.

Thanks due to WWE network I now watch more PPV then I have done for ten years, however it does tend to still be the original "big 4" PPV's.

The current product feels to me far too polished and I now absolutely detest the commentary as I think this too has become far too scripted even down to JBL's crap jokes and Micheal Cole's fake laugh.

• Paid Members

It's definitely an issue, the WWE does an incredible job of getting it's content out to people and it's great but as someone who skims Raw and Smackdown weekly (through the youtube channel), it's just that overwhelming sense that you've seen it all before that kills it most for me. It genuinely feels like every match has been done a dozen times over, im not a big fan of continuous PPV quality matches on TV either. There were guys kicking out of finishers on Raw this week for example. I could nit-pick loads of other little things i don't like about the WWE in general these days but i realise them things ain't gonna change.

• Paid Members

The current product feels to me far too polished and I now absolutely detest the commentary as I think this too has become far too scripted even down to JBL's crap jokes and Micheal Cole's fake laugh.

this being one of the things i realise isn't going to change. There's nothing organic about WWE programming these days.

The rumours of the two PPVs a month coming up just adds to the situation.

No longer rumours, this is fact.   At least most of us die hard WWE fans wont be complaining that there's nothing on to watch from now on.  We have a PPV every 2 weeks from September.   Even if they are going to spread themselves too thin I'll still be watching so fuck it.

this being one of the things i realise isn't going to change. There's nothing organic about WWE programming these days.

Totally agree it probably won't change anytime soon. However, with the upcomming brand extension it would be the perfect opportunity to make one of the brands, less polished and have a bit more of an edge (and no, I do not mean a return to TV14 and Attitude) in order to create a distinctive difference between the programmes. Sadly I feel this will be nothing more than blue sky thinking on my part.

I fell in love with the WWE due to how unique and abstract it was.The whole cast of colourful characters in very bizarre situations who insisted everything was unscripted.

Now that's been taken away. it's got far too self aware. Where as I enjoy watching Botchamaina and OSW Review when they poke holes and take the piss it ruins the magic for me when the WWE themselves do it.

• Paid Members

Totally agree it probably won't change anytime soon. However, with the upcomming brand extension it would be the perfect opportunity to make one of the brands, less polished and have a bit more of an edge (and no, I do not mean a return to TV14 and Attitude) in order to create a distinctive difference between the programmes. Sadly I feel this will be nothing more than blue sky thinking on my part.

I bang on like a broken record about the WWE being too polished, but its true. To be fair, the WWF I grew up loving was hardly ECW or anything, but there was that "anything could happen" element. Watching Raw just feels like any other American TV show these days (a really bad sitcom too often).

Archived