What Culture Pro Wrestling LIVE (Newcastle) - 27th & 28th July

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Is Alex Shane the new booker of this thing? I'm watching their show from the other night and Alex Shane and his mate who works for him for free, Dave Bradshaw were the announcers. Steve Lynskey was the referee. And to top it all off the opener is a spot heavy three way dance with cruiserweights, which is what every show Shane books starts off with. And I've only watched 22 minutes of it, and it seems glaringly obvious he's in charge.

Is this common knowledge or been confirmed? This whole promotion has an FWA vibe about it.

Cody rhodes vs kurt angle announced for october 8th in Altrincham. Random !!

is because its a part of Brit Wres Fest 2016 in association with NGW [who have thier weekly show on the WC YT page]

Where is the announcement for this? Really on the fence about going to the next Britwres Fest as I hadn't heard a single thing about it. Enjoyed last year's a lot.

Is Alex Shane the new booker of this thing? I'm watching their show from the other night and Alex Shane and his mate who works for him for free, Dave Bradshaw were the announcers. Steve Lynskey was the referee. And to top it all off the opener is a spot heavy three way dance with cruiserweights, which is what every show Shane books starts off with. And I've only watched 22 minutes of it, and it seems glaringly obvious he's in charge.

Is this common knowledge or been confirmed? This whole promotion has an FWA vibe about it.

The best bit is that chubby referee Steve Lynskey had to finally cover up his Impact Wrestling referee shirt. He wears it at every independent show as a badge of honour :hmmm: . It's clear as day that he turned up to wear that shirt and somebody went 'NOPE!' and covered it with the WCPW and tape :laugh: .

I noticed that. I've seen him wear it a couple of times. Funny thing at the TNA Jokers Wild show in Birmingham he was reffing at. It was towards the end and it was part of the show they didn't tape. Jeremy Borash mentioned him being on the tour as it was the last night and his recent weight loss. He got a little round of applause. For some reason after that, as Earl Hebner was in the ring, a big "You Screwed Bret" chant broke out at him, to which he put on the Bret Hart shades and did his entrance mannerisms. And JB told him something along the lines of "One day, Steve. This could be you! An arena full of people chanting that every night!"

• Paid Members

Alex Shane's actually a more-than-decent commentator when on his own on the NGW 'British Wrestling Weekly' show.  Very good at getting the storylines across and pointing out the key things that happen in a match and why they matter.

It was when he was doing the cartoon heel commentator gimmick alongside Bradshaw on that 'Fighting Spirit Wrestling' that he was excruciating.

I'd be willing to give this WCPW another go - sounds like they are acting on feedback, which is always a good thing.

• Paid Members

Cant see it mentioned on here, but looks like they've listened to the feedback regarding commentary, and are bringing in Cornette and Jim Ross for the next round of tapings.

If they do that then it sounds more like they have more money than sense.

With the amount of views their vids are getting on youtube i'd be shocked if they aren't at the higher end of the Youtube Partnership deal for advertising revenue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBdsblaK3c&list=PLnUzD-I9acZer-GGC1VjXTYVA1psxHtOk&index=3that's a Ligero vs Kirby match with 140,000 views. 140,000!

They have 828,858 subscribers and  302,736,873 views

They are probably making more money than any other promotion in the UK, can afford it and aren't dependent on DVD sales to make their money back.

Archived