222 replies to this topic

#211 sj5522

sj5522

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 17:04

yeah I don't have an issue with it, shrewd enough and obviously worked for him, just relevant to the point raised that it's seemingly about the youtube guys first and less about the wrestling

#212 Grittynotpretty

Grittynotpretty

In Training

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 17:34

Kurt Angle & Del Rio meet and greets now available.

#213 Your Fight Site

Your Fight Site

No. 1 Contender

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,438 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 19:30

Kurt Angle & Del Rio meet and greets now available.

Where at? An Austrian police station?

#214 TheDFA

TheDFA

Backyarder

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:06

Has anyone heard any reports from the Manchester show at Bowlers on Friday night?

#215 Jon-Carr_92

Jon-Carr_92

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 21:30

Rey Mysterio announced for April 29 in Newcastle. Wonder if he gets booed for not being Daniel Bryan?
TNA Jokers Wild II Birmingham Taping + Fan InterAction 2/2/14
TNA Impact Manchester Taping + Fan InterAction 30/1/15

UKFF Royal Rumble Lottery Co-Winner 2016

#216 AshC

AshC

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:25

Has anyone heard any reports from the Manchester show at Bowlers on Friday night?

Went along for a gander, 

Spoiler
had a belter of a match. Made it worth sitting through all the "ONE FALL!" and "TEN! TEN! TEN!" malarkey. I still don't get that stuff in the slightest, what's the attraction? 

"Without debate, without criticism, no administration and no country can succeed - and no republic can survive"

#217 TheDFA

TheDFA

Backyarder

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 20:29

Cheers AshC. Agreed the chants are so annoying. Was there much of a crowd? It's 5 minutes from my work but I didn't fancy killing an hour and a half to belltime on a Friday night, with no booze to compensate

#218 AshC

AshC

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 23:25

It was pretty full. And the booze was aflowing!
"Without debate, without criticism, no administration and no country can succeed - and no republic can survive"

#219 stevieg1980

stevieg1980

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 363 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 18:14

Went along for a gander,
Spoiler
had a belter of a match. Made it worth sitting through all the "ONE FALL!" and "TEN! TEN! TEN!" malarkey. I still don't get that stuff in the slightest, what's the attraction?

Same at the Liverpool show to be honest. I left during the main event as the fans chants and shouting got more obnoxious and annoying as the night went on. Luckily I still got to see the main event on YouTube and was glad I didn't stay.

#220 Jon-Carr_92

Jon-Carr_92

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 18:34

With the Count Outs, I noticed in Progress people will yell the next number the fee has to count. At NXT TakeOver: Toronto. People got yelling Ten going with them. And the Moose schtick is getting everywhere as well. Ever since the Daniel Bryan Yes and No chants. It seems the one syllable catchphrases have potential to catch a life of their own. Back to my point. It's like with succeeding number, TEN! And Moose. It seems like the aim is to throw the ref off count. It does get annoying after a while.
TNA Jokers Wild II Birmingham Taping + Fan InterAction 2/2/14
TNA Impact Manchester Taping + Fan InterAction 30/1/15

UKFF Royal Rumble Lottery Co-Winner 2016

#221 The Cum Doctor

The Cum Doctor

Main Eventer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,318 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 00:56

Didn't the ref thing originate from something a referee did and it caught on? The same as the high pitched counting that happened a while ago?

#222 Polish Dad

Polish Dad

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:50

I believe the counting the next number at PROGRESS originated from a joke where Chris Roberts(?) messed up a count, so the fans are 'helping' him by letting him know what number comes next.

#223 Louch

Louch

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:14

Was it not Paz? Sure I heard him on a podcast saying that the fans were already doing it, but them doing it threw him and he fucked up as a result. So the fans have kept going it. Personally think its shit as fans should be investing in the match, and are spoiling a form of close finish of even a finish as its takes the drama away if fans get to ten first