What Culture Pro Wrestling LIVE (Newcastle) - 27th & 28th July

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Quick Twitter search seems to show whatever Subscription service they have isn't playing the PPV for anyone who ordered it and they made no attempt to monitor it, update people, or fix it.

Was at the show, It was fine. Too much of the What Culture guys for me as someone who has no idea who they are but their segments were the most over thing on the show. Everything at the show seemed to run pretty smoothly. 

To be fair to them, they aren't the first to have problems with live streaming and won't be the last, and the content is reportedly online now and works fine. I might've felt differently had I paid for the Extra service and tried to watch it live (I was at the show) but as a first time out giving them a chance would be my thought. The show itself is well worth a watch.

To be fair to them, they aren't the first to have problems with live streaming and won't be the last, and the content is reportedly online now and works fine. I might've felt differently had I paid for the Extra service and tried to watch it live (I was at the show) but as a first time out giving them a chance would be my thought. The show itself is well worth a watch.

Really don't think that argument washes now. When ROH, Evolve, ICW and PCW (to name a few) have all put on iPPVs that were varying degrees from troubled to disastrous, if you're going to do it you have to do it right. If you can't guarantee perfection, you're just contributing to the negative perception of the platform. Why do they need to do iPPV anyway? I don't understand why companies continue to feel the need to take the risk. 

I feel sorry for WCPW, really. iPPV is really hard to get right, I just wish companies would stop feeling the need to do it. 

• Paid Members

I feel sorry for WCPW, really. iPPV is really hard to get right, I just wish companies would stop feeling the need to do it.

Its not that hard to do at that level. They werent expecting 30,000 people buying it. Their Fite.tv stream went swimmingly. It was their feed that was shit.

Meltzer was saying they probably spent as much as $75,000 on talent alone. That at the moment with the latest Brexit battering is just over £60,000 and that's before we talk venue fees, crew wages, flights, visas, hotels etc. I know this is a promotion that's bankrolled by a media company. But surely just take it easy?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/56h3yj/wcpw_spent_5000075000_on_talent_for_their_ippv/

Archived