Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ringside World

What Culture Pro Wrestling LIVE (Newcastle) - 27th & 28th July

333 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, drkopen said:

Bischoff and a few others have already protested to YouTube when this was initially announced.

Looking at the figures they gave (and i could be wrong I am not great at math)  it appears they got £2,200 for about 1,100,000. That's really low. Product placement, sponsorship and their own add would have brought in considerably more.

Did they ever try and get viewers to sign up to a mailing list? They could build a good platform themselves with those numbers.

£2000 for a million views is/was the accepted standard for youtube.

They would often split their show up into matches, so if each video got a million views that could be £10,000 revenue.

Obviously there are other potential revenue sources but they require dedicated marketers to source and can be unreliable. A lot of youtube revenue comes from sharing, searches and word of mouth which are hard to replicate on your own platform.

4 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

£2000 for a million views is/was the accepted standard for youtube.

They would often split their show up into matches, so if each video got a million views that could be £10,000 revenue.

Obviously there are other potential revenue sources but they require dedicated marketers to source and can be unreliable. A lot of youtube revenue comes from sharing, searches and word of mouth which are hard to replicate on your own platform.

I uploaded a video to YouTube that had 1,400,000 views.  Why the f didn't I get £2000 !!