What Culture Pro Wrestling LIVE (Newcastle) - 27th & 28th July

• Paid Members

I guess it makes sense if you're doing shows all over, still think it was a puzzling decision for the FWA years ago. Didn't think about the literal lack of medium sized arenas though, interesting.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to Motherwell show last night. They have osprey, scurll and Riddle......VIP was two of their personalities. I took my seat early instead. Good show wrestling wise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing someone wanting 4FW to do that one when they got him. He faced Alberto. Mainly due to him having to postpone from an earlier show which was a blessing in disguise. There was a bit of crowd work to begin with but once they got going it was brilliant. Rey was a lot better than I expected as naturally I was thinking all his knee issues over the years would have taken their toll by now. But I guess without the WWE schedule, it's what he needs. Brilliant match and night overall.

• 2 weeks later...

Well lastnight WCPW out did itself with an incredible show filled with suprise appearances and quality wrestling. There must have been easy over 2000 people in attendance and the atmosphere was brilliant. Results below

Pre-Show match… Rey Fenix & Juventud Guerrera def. Drago & El Hijo de Dos Caras

Travis Banks def. Penta El Zero M

Brandi Rhodes def. Prince Ameen

Due to an illness, Alberto El Patron will no longer be appearing, therefore Joe Coffey has been added to the WCPW World Championship Rumble match!

WCPW Internet Championship Three-Way match

Gabriel Kidd def. Champion, Cody Rhodes & Joe Hendry *Title Change*

Following the match, Rhodes strapped the title around Kidd’s waist!

Rey Mysterio def. El Ligero

WCPW World Championship Rumble match

Won by: Martin Kirby *Title Change*

Order Of Entrants:

1) Champion, Drew Galloway

2) Martin Kirby

3) Drake

4) Kid Fite

5) “Bad Bones” John Klinger

6) Gracie

7) Archer

8) WCPW Tag Team Champion, Scott Wainwright

9) Primate

10) Juventud Guerrera

11) Zack Gibson

12) Rockstar Spud

13) Johnny Moss

14) Travis Banks

15) Matt Striker

16) Sha Samuels

17) Doug Williams

18) BT Gunn

19) Prince Ameen

20) Viper

21) Rey Fenix

22) Adam Pacitti

23) El Ligero

24) Fat Ligero

25) Dave Mastiff

26) Cody Rhodes

27) Rey Mysterio

28) Joe Coffey

29) Rampage

30) Joe Hendry

During the match, Stu Bennett gave Zack Gibson a Bullhammer, Final Four: Drew Galloway, Martin Kirby, Joe Coffey & Joe Hendry, Galloway eliminated Coffey, Galloway eliminated by pinfall by Hendry! Kirby PINS Hendry to WIN the title!

• Members

Just back from the Coventry show. Clocked in at over four hours all told which is excessive. Lots of kids around for a show finishing after 10pm. I've never watched any WCPW before so didn't know any storyline stuff but didn't really cause any problems for me.

I came in partway through the dark match which was a shame because the Hunters were in it.

The show was filmed and will apparently be released on youtube this Friday so stop reading if you don't want to know the results....

The actual show started with Hendry and Banks promo and then what I guess is one of the what culture guys came out to blah blah blah. He ate a fallaway slam from Hendry after setting them both up in matches for later. Whatever.

Can't remember the order of matches as there was a lot to take in but what I remember-

Penta beat Fenix in a very good match.

El Ligero beat Drago in a weird match. Looked like Drago was pissed off about something and didn't seem to be working with Ligero. Finish came out of nowhere or I possibly wasn't paying attention.

Primate beat Scott Wainwright in a good hardcore match. Some sickening bumps in this one. A girl that was with Scott ate a powerbomb into tacks. Primate looks like a soon-to-be star.

Juve beat El Hijo Dos Caras in a total stinker. Really, really poor.

Rey beat Alberto in a fair enough greatest hits match. Del Rio took the mic both before and after the match and dropped a load of F bombs for no apparent reason when there were loads of kids present. Said some kind words about Rey. Sound system was a bit shit so some of his words (and others throughout the night) were a bit muffled.

Cody beat Drew Galloway and in really enjoyable match. Cody and Brandi went through a table together during this one. Howard Drake came out while the ref was down and started wailing on both men until Stu Bennett jumped in and twatted him with a Bullhammer. Crowd loved it. Cody and Drew gave each other props after the match which was quite nice. Ended with Drew promising to become the first ever British "World Heavyweight FUCKING Champion". Nooooo need.

Rampage beat Travis Banks. I've seen a lot of hype for Banks online but he didn't do anything for me. Sloppy attempts at strong style, especially against Rampage, who is a fucking beast, just looked a bit limp for me.

Penta beat Ligero in a decent match. Ligero played a bit of a villain in this one and was in black trunks and mask. Some really good stuff here.

In a WCW Nitro 1998 throwback, Rey Mysterio beat Juvi. Juvi was all over the place at times but it was all about the nostalgia for me.

Joe Hendry beat Martin Kirby by ref stoppage in the Longest. Match. Ever. Kirby ate a barrier early on and stayed down for ages. Really weird. Hendry eventually dragged him back in to carry on, but there was lots of back and forth with referee Steve Lynsky and shoving between him and Hendry. Kirby had a couple of little comebacks but this was mainly a prolonged beating that was stopped long after it should have been, or maybe the injury should have come later in the match. Just didn't work for me at all.

Post match all the babyfaces came out and hit stunners on Joe Hendry. Assuming this was a nod to those wacky WWE post show messabouts, however at the expense of the newly crowned champion who just beat his opponent convincingly by stoppage, seemed daft to have the likes of Matt Striker and the prince fella making an arse of him.

So that was that, very long show that dragged at times, particularly the main event, but overall not too bad. Small pockets of the crowd were dickheads at times but never to the point of distraction. Well presented and you can't argue with the star power. Not a bad job really.

I was at the Newcastle show too.... it was a kind of weird halfway house between proper Indy shows and WWE. The ring ropes seemed super loose in the first matches so the pace was slow - Juvi, bless him, made me sad to watch. 

It wasn't for me overall, but it's always good to see wrestling fans out doing their thing, and that's not a slight on the guys in the matches who were mostly super. I still think that not telling the live crowd that Del Rio pulled out, and not subbing his match for anything else, was a really poor call - ESPECIALLY when you've got a packed locker room for a rumble. 

At £65 for the top tier tickets, I'd have felt robbed.

I was at the Coventry show, front row ringside, which was the first time i had experienced this. Was an ok show, i left before the end a it was dragging a bit i found. Was good to see the action up close. Del Rio is a handsome SOB, his match with Rey ticked all the boxes. 

Drago looks the business but his match wasnt that great.The hard core match was good to watch, the valet was stunning and took a bump on the drawing pins.

The ring looked great with green red and white ropes. 

15 hours ago, Arn Anderson's Darb said:

Primate beat Scott Wainwright in a good hardcore match. Some sickening bumps in this one. A girl that was with Scott ate a powerbomb into tacks. Primate looks like a soon-to-be star.

The girl was Bea Priestley. Female wrestler, Will Ospreay's girlfriend.

Alberto must be pissing himself laughing at this lot. He's got them bent right over a barrel. 

Goes out on the piss, posting pictures on social media at the same time whilst making drunken remarks to fans on Twitter, then can't show up for the show the following day citing "illness" - then he doesn't show up to the pre-show meet and greet for unidentified reasons. If he's still getting bookings from this lot it'll speak volumes about how anyone with a bit of a name can trample all over them.

Archived