What Culture Pro Wrestling LIVE (Newcastle) - 27th & 28th July

I really want to like WCPW but it just leaves me flat.

I think they could do with getting some TV people involved as they don't seem to understand things like lighting and sound.

It is odd since they produce stuff for their Whatculture Youtube channel very professionally.

The last show, Exit Wounds had very low budget looking backstage sections. Given it is a free show on YT as an extended promo for the brand, I would have expected them to go all out.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have expected them to have someone watching the YouTube and sharing back what's not working. Instead we got repeated silent backstage promos. Second show i have tried, and didn't enjoy. It's not for me

I don't watch their weekly stuff because the production quality isn't that good and the commentary can be grating at times but I went to the Delete show and it was pretty good. Good matches, good crowd apart from a couple of pissheads and it was packed.

• Paid Members

The place is cursed. FWA, TNA, TWC, NOAH and Alex Shane.. they all fall post-Coventry.

Including WC Alex is/was involved with all of these in some way right? he must be the one obsessed with that bloody building. Why Coventry? its such a random place for a show.

I'm still annoyed I had to get a Bagga Bus to Uprising 3. Where are all the FWA shows? London based. Where shall we have our biggest show ever? err Lon...NO! We're going hours away up north to fucking Coventry!

Why Coventry? I read Greg Lamberts book, he didnt mention Alex knowing the owner and getting a discounted rate or anything? Why the obsession with Coventry?!

• Paid Members

Coventry is a central location and the Skydome is a great size for events of that calibre. Plus I bet the hire cost of the Skydome would be half of a London venue of the same size.

That's absolutely it. At a capacity of 3,500 the SkyDome is a 'small arena' perfectly sized for the next 'step up' from the 500-1,200 capacity venues the 'bigger' BritWres promotions run their regular shows in, before you get to the 8,000-9,000 seater arenas like Birmingham, Newcastle, Liverpool, Glasgow and Leeds.

There actually aren't that many arenas of that capacity and that set-up in this country.  Ice hockey arenas, basically (like the Altrincham one WCPW ran in), and some bigger city centre gig venues that might not have the best layout and/or be cost prohibitive.

Archived