LPW Wrestling presents Rise from the Ashes

LPW

i have halls over the years i have to build up, started at low numbers but now are viable, if halls were swamped everytime a show went on promoting would be easy, Adam has really tried this time round, we had great feed back from those in attendance and if they spread the word hopefully he will get better figures next time.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Who said he was new Martin? And what's your game anyway?

I mentioned the promotion has recently started to appear to take things a bit more seriously. Again though, I'm not bothered who the promoter is, if I'm going to a show I'm interested in the event.

There are a number of decent performers on the card, some of which have been on the UK scene for quite a while.

Behave with your examples of north east promotions. One of them is a mega bucks internet news company and the other is based in Scotland. Local Newcastle shows are lucky to pull 50 in the door.

• Paid Members

We'll leave it there mate.

You are being a tad unfair. Absolute have been running for a little while now across the North East and get more than 50 per show. Main Event Wrestling who run out of Longbenton do too. And NORTH Wrestling NCL, a new promotion, got more than 50 for their début show at the Riverside a few weeks back.

I don’t know which promotions you have in mind when you say below 50’s the norm for a Newcastle show, but it clearly isn’t.

• Paid Members

Martin has a fair point saying I'm basing it on previous years, I was basing it on 15+ years of going to NE shows, especially when WZW was at its best, followed by IWF. Things then died a death and there was a plethora of Fucking shite in the region, with shows averaging 20-30 in working men's clubs, but it's been a good couple of years since I've been to a local show.

If the NE has indeed managed to grow in that time then fair play and that's great to hear.

• Paid Members

Martin has a fair point saying I'm basing it on previous years, I was basing it on 15+ years of going to NE shows, especially when WZW was at its best, followed by IWF. Things then died a death and there was a plethora of Fucking shite in the region, with shows averaging 20-30 in working men's clubs, but it's been a good couple of years since I've been to a local show.

If the NE has indeed managed to grow in that time then fair play and that's great to hear.

Yeah, things are picking up in the region now :)

To be honest i think Adam has a Difficult job in the first place.

Leeds alone have companies that draw decent numbers from Tidal, RISE & BWE

Also 2 new companies that are to have their debut shows soon, both have announced decent wrestlers too, both in Leeds! 

Also if you go a few miles further you have Grapple, 4GW, PCW are doing Bradford, NGW, UKW.

Its all about starting off slow and building up your company name and the crowds will follow.

Look at ICW as your best example first show only had a very small number (in its teens) turn up, now its booking the hydro!

• Paid Members

FutureShock over in the Manchester area would be an example of what people these days consider to be a 'good' promotion..... yet I remember the days of their infancy in 2004-2006 when they were struggling to put 50 people in the Stockport Guildhall each time.  The shows themselves were great stuff, and they stuck with it, built up their local fanbase through goodwill, reputation, word of mouth and just good promoting and now have a steady following and decent attendances every month in the region of 200-300.  Sure, they aren't doing PROGRESS, ICW, PCW, RevPro or Chaos numbers, but it's certainly respectable for an independent promotion anywhere in the world and shows what can be done from humble beginnings.

They did have a great, easily accessible, well-known venue on the main road through Stockport, though, not a workies on an estate in the suburbs.  Maybe LPW may consider different venues in due course.

The point about Leeds having so many other shows is correct... though I also wonder why Adam himself doesn't actually attend any of them.  I think it would certainly benefit him to go along to, say, TIDAL every time and see what they do, how they run their shows and just how things go.  Might give him tips, ideas or just imagination.

I'd say calling a show "Rise From The Ashes" is an indicator of a new beginning. Yeah it took him years to actually listen but now he is learning from one of the very best. I don't think anyone has ever doubted the quality of talent on LPW/APB, just the way it was run.

• 1 month later...

Archived