Is there a limit to free speech?

SpursRiot2012

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Shows how out of touch I am - last time I read, it was LGBTQQI (last three: Queer, Questioning and Intersex).

You monster. I'm going to tell Tumblr about you, mate. 

I'll just go to WordPress

Within an employment context their definitely is a limit/boundaries. All of my staff are registered with a body called the SSSC. They've struck people off the register for stuff said on social media or even in emails/whatsapp chats. As a result, and to protect our employees, we have a very strict policy on what can and can't be discussed or said in these places.

As a wider issue I think the legal definition that was mentioned is a decent way to look at it.

• Paid Members

I think there's a bit of a culture now for folk to cry fowl and claim to be offended by something...usually nothing to do with them...just to get attention for five minutes.

Lot of double standards too. Our work has a no politics on social media policy but some managers are roasting politicians daily and not because of politics but rely because it's the thing to do at the moment.

• Paid Members
There's definitely an element of attention seeking with some of the people that is more important than their actual gender or sexuality.

Pillocks like The Gender Terrorist and Milo Stewart demanding preferential treatment under the guise of "educating" us plebs.

Milo in particular annoys me. He/she* reminds me of all the bisexual teenage girls the year I worked at Pride that would only kiss after checking that they were being watched, and two years later are back to being straight. I'm not alone as Milo has been called "transtrender" by many.

*This isn't me being a cunt. Milo is inconsistent in how he/she defines him/her/them/itself, so I've no idea what the correct pronoun to use is.

• Moderators

I think there's a bit of a culture now for folk to cry fowl and claim to be offended by something...usually nothing to do with them...just to get attention for five minutes.

Eh? So by that, I can't be legitimately offended by someone being called a "nigger" or a "paki" as I'm white and therefore it's nothing to do with me. And in a right world that isn't the case at all.

Archived