European Veteran Tommy End signs with WWE | Official

LWOLeN

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/767162993159213056

Could be him, could be not. Either way, Tommy End is all `over` on WWE´s twitter page.

Never really got into Tommy End. He was always a bit too 'indyrific' from the bits I have seen of him for me personally.

Anyone more familiar with his work reckon he'll do well in WWE or be another Solomon Crowe?

Quite familier with him and seen him more times than I'd have cared to. 

Solomon Crowe is far too nice a comparison. Remember Nathan Jones? Hopefully, that.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping the thread after a few months with the most recent news. The Netherlands does not even feature WWE or any pro wrestling on television. This is beyond inspirational to a fan like me. He truly earned it by 14 years of hard work, travelling all over the world. Very exciting to see what's next.

Tommy-End-850x560.jpg

Three internationally acclaimed Superstars have arrived at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Fla., to begin training.

Tom Budgen, Damian Mackle and Sarah Bridges — known around the world as Tommy End, Big Damo and “Crazy” Mary Dobson, respectively — are among the newest signees to WWE developmental contracts. Their official start in Orlando comes after months of speculation that all three were on their way to WWE and NXT.

Tom Budgen (pictured above) is a 14-year veteran from Amsterdam who boasts an extensive background in kickboxing and pencak silat, a class of Indonesian martial arts that involves grappling, striking and weapon fighting. Trained by the likes of Chris Hero, Nigel McGuinness and MMA pioneer Bob Schrijber, “The Anti-Hero” has emerged as one of wrestling’s most prolific and dangerous strikers, a tatted, black-metal mutilator whose kicks, elbows and knees threaten to cave in skulls. Budgen competed across Europe, Japan and the U.S., including with EVOLVE Wrestling, London’s PROGRESS Wrestling, Germany’s Westside Xtreme Wrestling and California’s Pro Wrestling Guerrilla.

Can see Damo Getting to main roster quickly. Has the size and height and athleticism. A credible big guy in this era, and that he's Irish will have Vince hot for him.

• Paid Members

Tom Budgen? Does he get a bit of cash on the side for his empire of corner shops/newsagents' shops?

In all seriousness I've enjoyed what I saw of Tommy End. That absolute slobberknocker against Trav at hXc, coming out to a standing ovation on his way to demolishing Marty Scurll at a PROGRESS show and a couple of interesting matches in between. He and Nakamura, Joe, Aries etc could have some great stiff old affairs. It's how much of that they'd let him do, though.

• 9 months later...

Yeah, pretty funny! I was one of the ones who did know who he was as I think I saw him vs Hero in PWG and maybe 1 or 2 others on the indies. I liked the matches and his whole kick style but I wasn't overly excited as I didn't see any "WWE guy" in him, just a neat indie dude. Thankfully the presentation has been beautiful thus far and I've got a new fav. Need to find more of his indie matches now. Any recommendations for his Progress/PWG/etc. stuff?

• Tommy End vs Chris Hero - PWG Don't Sweat The Technique
  • Tommy End, Marty Scurll and Zach Sabre Jr vs Mount Rushmore 2.0 - PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2015 Stage 2
  • Tommy End vs Mike Bailey from PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2015 Stage 3
  • Tommy End vs Zach Sabre Jr - PWG Battle of Los Angeles 2016 Stage 1
  • Heroes Eventually Die vs Lucha Brothers from BOLA'16

End vs Scurll vs Haskins for the PROGRESS championship at chapter 36

16 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Very interesting reading this thread back a year later as a fully fledged passenger on the Aleister Black hype train!

I don't think anyone was doubting his ability, more just that the person who started the topic was overselling him as some sort of uber megastar when he was anything but. A well travelled indie veteran, but a world class star? Come on now.

I'm liking what's he done recently in NXT now that he's getting into a proper feud and I do want to see more of him but I'm still not totally sold on him yet. I didn't think much of his match with Neville at the UK Tournament and his NXT debut against Almas was a disappointment in my opinion. I hope he does well, I really do, and I'm happy he's finally getting someone to have an extended feud with rather doing the squashes

So, even though he'd more or less signed and did a few NXT house shows before his TV debut. Owing to seeing him at Progress Chapter 42 in January that he did against Jimmy Havoc in an impromptu match much like they did with Finn Balór at the start. Hours before he appeared at Day 2 of the WWE UK Championship Tournament. Would that be able for him to count towards my Pre-WWE list with that being his first TV appearance?

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I don't think anyone was doubting his ability, more just that the person who started the topic was overselling him as some sort of uber megastar when he was anything but. A well travelled indie veteran, but a world class star? Come on now.

I'm liking what's he done recently in NXT now that he's getting into a proper feud and I do want to see more of him but I'm still not totally sold on him yet. I didn't think much of his match with Neville at the UK Tournament and his NXT debut against Almas was a disappointment in my opinion. I hope he does well, I really do, and I'm happy he's finally getting someone to have an extended feud with rather doing the squashes

"Tommy End" didn't just breakthrough in Europe with Progress Wrestling or ICW. He was on top all over Europe back then in Europe's major promotions: France, Germany, Hungary etc.. Before he was Aleister Black, he had awesome matches against Liger, AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan etc.. throughout Europe. Reading my opening post I labeled him as "one of Europe's biggest stars". I fully agree with you that it's a very subjective label to put on someone and that it sounds all hype. But in my perception he truly is because very few wrestled so much all over Europe. For years it was like he wrested in Paris on Friday, Manchester on Saturday and Budapest on Sunday. 

Anyway, I had a chance to see him wrestle at WWE Live in The Netherlands when he challenged Neville for the Cruiserweight Title. A great match. I think he was just a few months in back then and already touring with the RAW brand. I recently read an article with Triple H, Regal and Brookside about NXT and they were extremely high on him. 

Really excited to see what the future brings for Aleister Black. Truly hope he gets signed to SmackDown.  

Archived