European Veteran Tommy End signs with WWE | Official

LWOLeN

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Hahaha, you're thinking of "klaat", like "bloodklaat" or "boombaklaat".

"Clart" up in the northeast means "shit" or "muck" - at least that's what I was told. I also heard the Scots have their own variant, calling someone a "clatty bastard".

EDIT: I reckon Big Benny can help me out here. I've seen him on here refer to one wrestler (might've been Zebra Kid) as "stiff as clart".

• Paid Members

I don't remember ever saying "stiff as clart", but you are correct: clart is muck/dirt/shit.

It was years ago, roughly when FWA was still going - I couldn't tell you why I remember it.

Mixed reactions. I guess we will have to wait and see what in which capacity Tommy End will be in WWE. It's going be interesting to read through this thread again in 12 months.

For everyone who is interested to learn more about Tommy End, I suggest you check out his interview with Colt Cabana:

Also check out this wicked MV:

• Paid Members

If anyone's made me do a complete 180 on them since I first saw them, then Tommy End would be that person.

I first became aware of him when he started popping up in 2007-08 as a "WXW guy" on shows over here like the 'IPW:UK vs. The World' shows at Broxbourne Civic Hall or the 'Indypendence Day' fiasco in Wolverhampton, and on PWG's 'European Vacation' tours.  He was fucking abysmal; honestly one of the dirt-worst around.  It was actually hilarious amongst English fans at the time that anyone would actually bring him in.  He was this skinny, unimposing kid who'd have his crap yellow pleather CM Punk MMA shorts, terrible CM Punk bleached-blonde curtains haircut and generally displayed zero charisma, awareness or talent.

After those few live appearances and those German PWG DVDs, I didn't see anything of End again for years so just assumed he was still cack.  Fast-forward to a couple of years ago, and London's PROGRESS brought him in for a singles match (against Mikey Whiplash, maybe?).  I'd skipped that show, so given my prior experience of Tommy I was naturally suspicious when people at PROGRESS were suddenly raving about him.

It was only when I saw him again for myself, in matches against the likes of Dave Mastiff and Rampage Brown that I realised he'd undergone a complete transformation and was actually now really pretty great.  He'd totally changed his look and everything about his performance, and was now this bigger, meaner, interesting-looking character that looked like he was coming to FIGHT.  He again got rave reviews for a match against Kris Travis for Manchester's HXC, and this time I could totally believe it.  I got to see plenty of him in his 'Sumerian Death Squad' team with Michael Dante down in PROGRESS too, and he made a good case for being a great tag team wrestler too.  Recently, at a PROGRESS show in Manchester, he displayed absolute star presence, a commanding aura and had the entire room with his every move as he came out an DESTROYED champion Marty Scurll in a non-title match.

Difficult to predict how he'll do over in WWE.  His style is very kick-heavy, but he's come on great as a performer and if there's ever a time where someone like him will be given a chance, then this is it.

I fucking HATE foot stomps. Balor, End, whoever else does it. Such a clumsy move that looks shit. And it's fucking dangerous, which negates the part of wrestling that's meant to look like it hurts without actually doing so. Why can't folk end matches with a proper DDT? It looks like a killer without really fucking the person up...I long for the days when a backslide or side Suplex kept a man down

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing End at Progress and ICW in Manchester has convinced me he's a hell of a signing if allowed to be himself. Whether that happens or not is a different matter, but by all accounts they love him in PWG and Evolve.

The pop that he got at Progress against Scurll was mental.

• 2 months later...

Big Damo was also tweeting about the shots in the footage from Belfast. Probably too obvious given he was tweeting about it, but a big heel who has survived Belfast growing up and it's left him a little not right in the head works for me. Sanity is a shit name if that is a name and not just part of the build up

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/767162993159213056

Could be him, could be not. Either way, Tommy End is all `over` on WWE´s twitter page.

Tommy-End.jpeg

Never really got into Tommy End. He was always a bit too 'indyrific' from the bits I have seen of him for me personally.

Anyone more familiar with his work reckon he'll do well in WWE or be another Solomon Crowe?

Sanity is a shit name if that is a name and not just part of the build up

Apparently it's written into his contract that he's granted a title shot every year at Christmas. It's called the Sanity Clause.

I know. Sorry.

Archived