European Veteran Tommy End signs with WWE | Official

LWOLeN

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Tommy End is – pending medicals – probably headed to NXT. It’s not a secret NXT is heavily recruiting right now for new talent. Tommy End is a guy that has been on the radar for some time now and he’s probably going in. In fact, I think he said something [about how] he is leaving wXw in August, so people were starting to speculate, ‘Does that mean Ring of Honor, does that mean New Japan? What does it mean?’ And it does mean WWE.”

Quote by Dave Meltzer.

I wonder which European talent will be next. Exciting times.

• Paid Members

He's been mentioned a lot on here before. There was a thread for that yearly wXw tournament, which he featured in quite a lot. In fact, I'd say the only German-based wrestler who ever got mentioned more was Thumbtack Jack.

• Paid Members

I've seen him on SWE shows and I believe in wxw.

I know who is, enjoy seeing him but MAJOR signing is a MAJOR overstatement for me. He was always a pleasant addition to a show but I never really cared when he's not there.

• Paid Members

I find it surprising that on a forum so full of knowledge no one knows who this guy is?

(I don't either by the way, so feels like a self promote going on here).

There were plenty of people here who'd not seen Shinsuke Nakamura before he turned up in NXT, nevermind a Euro indy guy, even a higher profile one.

The thread title is dramatic but it was just an overestimation the interest here.

• Moderators

He's well known, but I think it's a hell of a reach to claim it's a MAJOR announcement on here when pretty much all of the forum could give nary a fuck and a toss about wrestling on landlocked Europe. It's a lot more "meh" to us.

For unfamiliar fans: Tommy End is one of the most well travelled European wrestling stars of the last decade. From the UK to Hungary, Tommy End wrestled in main events for ALL the big promotions in like 10 European countries. But also Japan and the States.

There is also pro wrestling in France, Germany, Italy etc.. drawing big crowds. End has been a champion almost everywhere in Europe, wrestling all the top guys and imports.

I would consider you a big independant pro wrestling star when you are being flown over from another country to wrestle guys like Jushin Liger, AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan. WWE apparently does also.

With his signing the whole European scène is affected in some capacity. That's why it is arguably a major signing (for the European scene).

I find it surprising that on a forum so full of knowledge no one knows who this guy is?

(I don't either by the way, so feels like a self promote going on here).

There were plenty of people here who'd not seen Shinsuke Nakamura before he turned up in NXT, nevermind a Euro indy guy, even a higher profile one.

The thread title is dramatic but it was just an overestimation the interest here.

I'm not knocking anyone just this thread is OTT. 

I'm sure most didn't see Nakamura but would have known of him, I certainly heard of his name if nothing else.  

I'm sure there is a Tommy End profile on these forums? A Tommy something anyway. 

Archived