Brock Lesnar Returns To UFC.

• Paid Members

Nah fuck Bigfoot. Hunt's the one. And I wouldn't completely write Brock's chances off against Hunt. If he can make it a wrestling match it's doable. If he eats a dig or two off Hunt though, no doubt he'll panic and start with the spinaroonies again. It's a way more fun fight than feeding him the empty husk of Bigfoot. Balls to the vingnettes. If Brock's coming back for one night only, I'd rather see a proper fight with someone like Hunt where it can go either way than throwing a punch drunk mummy in there with him. It'd seem like a waste.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm not writing off Brock's chances against Hunt completely, but it does seem to me like it's one of the worst possible match-ups for Brock - a man who can't deal with being hit in the face against a man who's exceptionally good at hitting people in the face.

• Paid Members

He's improved his takedown and wrestling defence, so he's not as vulnerable to grappling as he used to be, but he's still got a hole in his game that'd be big enough for an elite-level grappler like Lesnar to take advantage of.

• Paid Members

No idea what to expect. Lesnar has been out the game for ages, while Hunt is a regular winning fighter, so going by that you imagine Hunt destroys him in a round, but MMA.

Either way, Lesnar is getting paid big time for this. Well played.

Surely they either have to have him against a big fighter so it does not look bad if he loses or have him doing a David Haye imitation so he just beats the shit out of someone. WWE will not want an injury if they want him wrestling 6-7 weeks later; while it will not effect buy rate as so few people actually watch ppvs outside of the network. However I expect they have new merchandise for Brock which they will expect them to sell and if he loses to a nobody or even an ok fighter he is not the hard bastard as viewed (although I wouldn't spill his pint either way) sales will not be big, if injured they cannot sell.

WWE should make sure they're involved in helping promote. A lot of attitude era fans switched to UFC - bit of UFC promotion letting them know they can re-watch that era on WWE Network might bring in some subscribers.

• Paid Members

Seems to me that this is a huge risk for WWE. If Brock loses, especially convincingly, it fucks the aura they've built around him. Still, I'll be watching. Also hear Punk will be fighting in August?

• Paid Members

Seems to me that this is a huge risk for WWE. If Brock loses, especially convincingly, it fucks the aura they've built around him. Still, I'll be watching. Also hear Punk will be fighting in August?

I think Lesnar sells regardless. When he returned first time round he'd been soundily beaten into disco dancing by Cain Velasquez and mauled by Alistair Overeem into reitrement. 

As far as opponents go, Shane Carwin ticks all the boxes for me if Frank Mir has to sit out. Both have been inactive for a while which kind evens it out IMO. I wouldn't fancy Brock against many of the active Heavies currently.

All this news has gotten me giddy and I'm salivating at some kind of co promotion thing (unlikely as it is). Supremo mentioned the Ronda thing which doesn't seem so unrealistic now. Another thing to note is Shane being back in the mix who was always pro UFC and wanted to venture into that at some point in the past himself. All this on the back of the news recently that the UFC are looking to potentially sell up partly.

Crazy stuff.

• Paid Members

I think Lesnar sells regardless. When he returned first time round he'd been soundily beaten into disco dancing by Cain Velasquez and mauled by Alistair Overeem into reitrement.

I think it's different this time. When Lesnar returned last time, how many of the people watching at the time were also watching UFC? How many people were more than vaguely aware of that loss? In this case, it's going to be promoted. The WWE audience will be watching. And a big loss is going to hurt him.

I don't think Brock fighting a complete bum at 200 is worthwhile in all honesty, not for the cash they're probably paying. They already have Jones/DC 2 and a bunch of other big fights for the show. Reckon Hunt end's up being the opponent or someone of similar stature.

• Paid Members

With how stacked the UFC 200 card is with top draw fights I could see a scenario where they are happy to have Brock in just for an exhibition fight. Carwin could fit as he's had a long lay off. Do the UFC want to feed him to someone and give them a boost of his name or are they hoping can buid him up and try and get him back for more fights?

• Paid Members

If he wants to, Lesnar will be back in the UFC after this fight for sure. Vince's bent over for him when his dates ran out, and then phoned it in against Ambrose. Its obvious that Lesnar can make Vince do what he wants. If Lesnar wants to fight again, he will. Its amazing how the great Vince McMahon who allows anyone to walk out knowing they'll come crawling back is getting bummed by Lesnar.

The narrative has always been that Brock is a bit daft, because he's a country boy who never leaves his property and doesnt like to talk to people. But he seems like the smartest business man in the history of wrestling. He gets what he wants and rarely takes a bump.

Archived