MMA Betting Thread

seanz25

• Paid Members

Yep. Just looking at the odds on Ladbrokes I'm shocked both Maia and Alvarez are (very) slight underdogs, in particular Maia. 

However I put in the 211 thread just how shocked I was with the size disparity between Edgar and Rodriguez during the staredowns. I have a bad feeling for Edgar that he's being lit up here.

4 hours ago, lambyUK said:

Yep. Just looking at the odds on Ladbrokes I'm shocked both Maia and Alvarez are (very) slight underdogs, in particular Maia. 

However I put in the 211 thread just how shocked I was with the size disparity between Edgar and Rodriguez during the staredowns. I have a bad feeling for Edgar that he's being lit up here.

He was outsized by everyone at lightweight and beat them all with the exception of Henderson (I thought he won the second fight too). 

MMA maths doesn't always work but imagine what Edgar would do to Bruce Leeroy - it certainly wouldn't be a split decision. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

He was outsized by everyone at lightweight and beat them all with the exception of Henderson (I thought he won the second fight too). 

MMA maths doesn't always work but imagine what Edgar would do to Bruce Leeroy - it certainly wouldn't be a split decision. 

Edgar was smaller at lightweight yes, but for starters he was at his peak then. Whilst winning he was battered from pillar to post during his lightweight run and he's now 35 years old and probably held together with duct tape.

Now i'm not saying he's definitely losing here, as I'm uncertain still, but I've just got a feeling this is going to be Rodriguez's big introduction to the fans.

• Paid Members

I think I'll go with a treble of Alvarez, Maia and Stipe, a tenner paying out £69. Some decent value to be had if you feel confident about any of the fights, as a lot of them are priced very closely. 

I think JJ and Branch will probably win as well, as for Edgar and Yair, I haven't got a scooby. It'll be very interesting to see how it plays out.

On 2017-5-10 at 5:49 PM, Marshmallo said:

Can't believe you're able to get around 6/1 on a treble of Edgar, Maia and Alvarez. To me these all look straightforward picks, Rodriguez beat the ghost of BJ Penn and went to split with Bruce Leerooy, Cerrone has always been a flake and took the fight with Masvidal when he shouldn't have. Edgar is truly elite and has beaten top strikers before, and Maia is murdering everyone. Poirier is an all rounder but Alvarez is better in every area. 

Ladbrokes paid me out on this as an Alvarez win, I'm assuming they'll take the money back off me? Had doubles and the treble so was a good night for me. 

If they haven't taken already, I'd withdraw everything from your account. Their mistake that they've paid out on it.

PaddyPower voided that part of my bet but paid out on the rest. As my other accumulator was dead I took the winnings I did have and put it all on Palace beating Hull City, so I've come away from the weekend +£53 overall

• Paid Members

won on the boxing last week and wasn't far off on the MMA bet. I've gone for a weird mix this weekend of MMA, Boxing and Football.

Gervonta Davis, Raymundo Beltran (boxing)

Spurs (football)

Vassell, MacDonald, Kongo/Sakai (over 1.5 rounds)

£5 return £92. Only really Vassell there is worrying me, but given that McGeary's only loss was to a guy who was able to grind on him and nullify his submission game i thought Vassell was a decent underdog shout because that's exactly what he'll look to do also.

• Paid Members

right i'm on a roll, here's what i've gone for this weekend (including tonights footy):

Manchester United to lift the trophy (football)

Dave Allen, Brook/Spence fight to end after round 8 (boxing)

Glover, Till, Musoke.

£5 returns £120.

• Paid Members

I've gone for two £5 accas for this weekend.

Bamgbose, Medeiros, Alcantara, Gadelha, Belfort, Aldo gets £172.

Bamgbose, Medeiros, Kelleher, Gadelha, Belfort, Aldo gets £426.

I'm probably on a hiding to nothing, but might as well take a punt. I like Holloway, but I still think you bet against Aldo at your peril.