MMA Betting Thread

seanz25

It was fairly crooked and witch like before the beating I believe so you're probably right. She's no Claudia though......

Anyway, back on topic, I don't think I can put any money on 200. May aswell flush it!

Edited by Philjax

• Paid Members

I don't know about Claudia Gadelha. She's certainly not ugly or anything but in some pictures she looks pretty, then other times she looks too much like Erick Silva for comfort. And her voice is suspiciously deep for a lady.

• 3 weeks later...

Was looking at the odds earlier. Dos Anjos potentially but that's the only one i fancy from thursday and usually in betting if you do the 'early game' you get fucked and at 2/7 he aint worth it, even in an acca.

I want to do Gadelha but the odds on JJ are about the best you'll ever get on her. It's pretty even. Surely Roy Nelson is done isn't he so 'The Black Beast' is an option.

UFC 200 though i've done a u-turn on. Tate, Edgar, the Brock at 6/4 (possibly by Carwin finish or KO). I fancy Pena over Zingano at 11/8. I guess the smart money is on Jones but I'll have to think about that one.

Just had a quick look and WTF I've just got Brock to win by submission at 8/1 with unibet. Seems ridiculous to me. I know he hasn't fought in a while, I still fancy Hunt, but fuck me Lesnar the former wrestling state champion against Hunt who's been submitted a few times at that price...

Will put more on later.

I've gone for this whilst that Brock odd is great value.

Lesnar submission

Cain/Travis KO/TKO/DQ Finish From Either Fighter

Cormier Jones to go over 2.5 Rounds at 16.74/1 odds. Chucked a few quid. Seems worth a shot.

Poster above is right, best day to bet is probably 5/6PM Our time Saturday. People have started drinking then and the odds become better value with people sticking money on the hopeful bet rather than the thoughtful one.

Edited by seanz25

• Paid Members

Gone for a long shot 7 fight acca. I fancy all these to win but it'll never come in because MMA always throws up a curveball.

Velasquez, Hendricks, Mousasi, Nelson, Brooks, Lauzon, Edgar.

£5 returns £130

• Paid Members

i should have added Sage!

The guy on the MMA Beat thinks the UFC is under the impression that its an easy night for Sage but he rates Marin and think it'll be a competitive fight.

• Paid Members

My afternoon coffee break task is to stick a few on.

I fancy Sanchez over Lauzon. I just think he'll drag Lauzon into a war and it's basically impossible to knock Sanchez out.

Edit: Just checked his record and Sanchez has never been stopped, let alone knocked out! Not properly anyway, he's got 1 doctor stoppage loss. That's amazing when you consider the wars he's been in and the way he fights!

Edited by Chunk

Alright,

So far I've got three bets down, will lay out some more with money input later but figured I'd use this as an opportunity to also see what I've got etc.

Bet 1:

3 Fold: Lesnar by Submission, Velasquez by KO and Jones fight bet is void in slip.

£1.70 on that originally returned 21.08 it's probably now around the 10-15 pound mark with the loss of Jones.

Bet 2:

Brooks, Northcutt, Jones (Void), Dillashaw, Lewis (Won last night), Miller/Takanori over 0.5 rounds, Velasquez fight over 0.5, Tate fight over 1.5 rounds, Hunt to win, odds at 16.59 with a couple of quid on. Retuning likely around 24 with Jones out.

Bet 3:

7 Fold: Edgar, Velasquez by KO (Again) Hunt by KO, Northcutt fight over 0.5 rounds, Cormier/Silva under 2.5, Nunes, Dillashaw.

Odds are at 38.91/1 for that.

I only chuck a fiver on each ppv event, play small figures with big outcomes, rarely comes off but when it does it's a decent pay out. Odds are a little messed for this event still.

• Paid Members

Had a bet on Gasteleum before the weight cut and how dreadful Hendricks looked so I'm quite confident now . Got a double on Edgar and Miller and my real underdog bet is on Marin to beat Northcutt

Edited by ElCece

• Paid Members

Given I have limited MMA knowledge, this could be a shitty bet but I went for a 6 fold: Mousasi, Edgar, Tate, Brock, Cain and Sanchez. £5 for a £97 return.

That's not a bad bet at all. Certainly worth a bash for that return.