MMA Betting Thread

seanz25

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

gone with this for the weekend:

Font, Miller, Maia on the UFC, and added  a Fishgold win Cage Warriors. £5 returns £71.

Was gonna go for Colvington but you cant discredit Maia's ability to completely shut guys down, and he was the underdog.

• Paid Members

some decent looking underdogs on the PPV this weekend, Oleynik is a big underdog against Blaydes, can't sleep on Oleynik. Fancying Dillahshaw as an underdog and Aiemann Zahabi evens.

Where's your money going?

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

won £76 from UFC 121 so i think my lucks in. I think there's some real nice looking odds on this weekend's card too, im still playing with my winnings so ive thrown this one out there...

Belfort, Meek, Paige, Stephens, Krause and Elkins.

£5 returns just under £1900. Crazy, on a fight to fight basis i'd actually pick all those to win except for Meek, but that's a wildcard and Paige but that's mainly because i have clue what her opponent is like.

I'm gonna put on a more strategic bet on too, that's what i did at 219. Just picked a couple of winners and went with picking fight lenghts, gonna try that again.

Edited by Egg Shen

Edgar is top 10 all-time easily. Off the top of my head, I have him at number 7th, only bested by GSP, Mighty Mouse, Jones, Fedor, Aldo and Anderson, and perhaps equal to Hendo. To date, he's arguably the best lightweight ever as well, despite being undersized at 155lbs. 

I think Max edges him, but I would wager that the fight will go 5 rounds, and be very close on the cards. If the wind blows a certain way, the judges just might give him the nod. 

• Paid Members

I'm about 50/50 on that fight. As awesome as Holloway has been it's important to remember he hasn't faced anyone with the wrestling of Edgar. And that's because there's nobody else in the division with an MMA wrestling base that's as good as Edgar's. If Max figures Frankie out then he's going to be a nightmare to dethrone because then there's really no blueprint on beating him. But Holloway bashing Aldo doesn't necessarily mean he beats Edgar. I think the style of Edgar could give Holloway a lot of hassle. 

I agree. It's a riveting style match-up. 

Edgar hardly ever gets dominated either. You can count the fights where he's been soundly beaten on one hand. I can think of the first fight with Grey Maynard, and perhaps the rematch with Aldo - that's about it. Even when he lost to Bendo, Aldo the first time, and was fortunate to get the nod against Penn in their first fight; he was very competitive on all three occasions, and gave a reasonable/impressive account of himself. 

If I were a betting man, I would see value in Edgar. 

• Paid Members

i tried to do another bet where i picked how long fights would go for last weekends fights, i added a James Krause win to the list as well and if Elkins/Johnson had gone another 8 seconds i'd have won £50.

8 fucking seconds!