MMA Betting Thread

seanz25

Haven't got one and I know there's a few on here who place bet's on most events, at least UFC wise.
Unibet are also offering bets on Cage Warriors tonight to for those interested.

What's everyone placing this evening? 

I've gone for a three-fold @ 11.66.

Lombard to win via TKO/KO.
Rockhold/Bisping - Either fighter to win via TKO/KO
Breese/Strickland - Either fighter to win via TKO/KO.

Think it's quite possible this one could come in, Bisping's already claimed he's coming out full steam ahead and has the gas for about 2 rounds, Rockhold's a machine and could possibly catch him. That and Rockhold's injury could mean a few vicious leg kicks from Bisping could see Luke being KO'd on the floor. 

Breese and Strickland both heavy hitters, odd's were high on this one 4.50 returns for a pound which seemed quite reasonable. 

Lombard's got 19 KO's in his career, Hendo's been wiped out in his past few fights and is mentioning retirement leading upto this fight.

• Paid Members

I'd say Lombard by KO/TKO is as close to a cert as you're going to get in MMA at this point.

Breese is a very good striker but, without being arsed to check, he's had more submission finishes than KO/TKOs. Still worth a bet though on a KO either way in that one.

I'd be very surprised if Bisping leg kick TKOs Rockhold. Even with the injury. Just can't see that. Bisping's never been a big leg kicker really either.

I'd be very surprised if Bisping leg kick TKOs Rockhold. Even with the injury. Just can't see that. Bisping's never been a big leg kicker really either.

Na me either, I was more suggesting perhaps if Bisping can inflict some more damage to an already injured leg then it perhaps opens up a possibility for him to work ground and pound or at least limit Rockhold's movement.

Edited by seanz25

Man, these events are creeping up on me too fast these days, giving me hardly any time to assess the odds.

Other than the big fox shows, I only place money on PPV cards, and it's usually no more than about £4.

• Paid Members

gone for a bit of a weird one...

Cole Miller to win

Bisping/Rockhold more that 1.5 rounds

Ortega by Decision

Bobby Green to win

£5 returns £135 on Ladbrokes. I've come so close so many times recently, im due a win.

Finally remembered to have a bet on the UFC.

Got a tenner on Rockhold, Cruz, Ortega, Holloway, Penne and Poirier. About 6/1. More for fun really after I picked out the Epsom Derby winner earlier. I think I got 1 wrong out of 8 last time I did it. Bit of a bummer.

Poirier looking around seems to be the one everyone's 50/50 on.

I've also gone for a ridiculous 80/1 with 60p on it.

Vick, Holloway, Poirier, Miller, Ortega, Breeze, Penne all to win. Plus Bisping's fight to go over 1.5 rounds and the Lombard/Hendo but to end in a TKO/KO.

Watch one fight fuck me right in the arse with that.

Edited by seanz25

Not that it mattered because Bisping is a wanker but I should have realised Andrade had dropped down a weight class. I would never have backed Penne based on that. It's always the little things that cost you the win.....

• Paid Members

Andrade is a little beast. Don't see her winning the title but she'll be fun to watch whoever they throw her in with. Like a female John Lineker.

And totally off the point, but I think Jessica Penne looks better since Joanna Jedrzejczyk rearranged her face last year. Did she look different to anyone else or is it just me? Whatever surgery she had done to her smashed nose made her that bit hotter to me.