Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

They can't crack down on shit. They'd have to prove you were doing it. If an enforcement officer knocks on your door and you're watching TV and refuse to give a statement, he could probably go off and get the police and a warrant and come back another day. Beyond that, they're all bluster.

• Paid Members

The letters are bullshit. You'll notice that eventually you'll get one that says they're now going to begin legal proceedings - something they can't do with no proof that a TV is being watched without a license - and then the letter rotation starts again. She can go to the website and tell them she has no TV. They may check. They didn't for me.

• Paid Members

That particular letter about the vans camped outside of theĀ house with special TV detectors was the biggest load of cobblers I have ever read. I love the idea of a bunch ofĀ people stakedĀ outside of my house in a Pret a Manger van or something listening in, "I'm sure I heardĀ Mystic MegĀ in the background there. Go, go go, he's watching theĀ National Lottery live again".

Just heard that Meat Loaf collapsed on stage in Canada yesterday. How many times has this happened? I'm sure something similar happened at Newcastle arena when he stopped the show after 2 songs because he couldn't get his breath.Ā  I think he wants to call it a fucking day and retire.

Ā 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36556844

Edited by The Clint

On tonight's EastEnders during a scene when Ian visited Bobby 'Damian' Beale there was a bit where Bobby was wondering what's making him do the things he's been doing and he said "3 years ago I thought wrestling was cool"Ā 

Ā 

I assume the scriptwriters are trying to make it look like wrestling fans turn out to be nut jobs.

• Moderators

Topflight wikipedia vandaliasm here.

Ā 

Ā 

In February 2002, Norris was caught in Jack Duckworth's bird cage, he was initially accused of fondling the pigeons, but it later emerged that he was attempting to milk the queen pigeon and so acquire mystical powers. Luckily Jack saw the funny side, and let Norris off, provided that he bought him a pint. Then in July, Norris and Emily slept together, however it was a one night stand as Emily felt guilty, as she knew Rita was in love with Norris. Another humorous mix up followed soon after when Norris was accused of being a member of Sinn Fein by Ken Barlow. However after a hilarious turn of events it was revealed that Norris had been mistaken for Gerry Adams (who had appeared on a previous episode as a special guest).