Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

My dad who's barely ever mentioned anything sexual to me in my entire life just told me he didn't see the point in anal sex because it was no different to shagging a bloke. I said surely the same could be said about blowjobs but he just didn't understand my point at all no matter how much I explained it to him.

I can't believe this lost hasn't been addressed yet. Quite honestly laughed in the middle if the office when I read it.

Ā 

Also,no lead up...just out with I don't see the point in jobby jabbing?

Just heard that from 8th July Sky Movies will now be known as Sky Cinema.Ā  People will still call it Sky Movies and then eventually they will probably go back to calling it Sky Movies. Why do companies have to piss about. Rant over.

Ā 

I like it. I have an irrational hatred of the word 'movie' so anything else is an improvement.Ā 

The idea that anyone is paying for Sky Movies in this day and age kinda boggles my mind.

Ā 

Agreed. Ā My old man is trying to reduce his Sky bill at the moment, yet point blank refuses to get rid of Movies in exchange for Netflix or similar.

I went 18 months without movies on my sky package, but got it back in a deal and it's great. No longer stuck with the ever decreasing quality of Netflix newly added films, and the download from the start is great too.

• Paid Members

I pay for a TV licence and the bare basics on Sky, because I do have a wee conscience, but they can fuck off with looking for a few bob for Sports and Movies and PPVs when I can get all that for nothing at present.

And I pay for the cinema and nachos 50% of the time. The other 50% I get brought courtesy of my mates radio station...and that's nice.

Aren't they talking about computer licenses now coz of streaming? We're all goosed then.

Ā 

And the magic vans, as Gus said. The magic vans like the ones from ET. They're doing the rounds now!

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

But what if you get caught by one of their magic vans that can detect if you're watching the telly?

I used to work for TV Licensing. I know the truth.

Ā 

In all honesty, I don't watch the BBC. Or any TV on TV really. Even Line of Duty I watched on Netflix.