Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

No good getaway stories I'm afraid, Chest.

I got banned from my uni's Facebook student group today. There was a big argument going on, I kid you not, about people not using trigger warnings "where they should be used." I said, "go write a tumblr blog about it." Then one of the admins posted that I needed to delete my "offensive" post or she was going to ban me. Well, why the fuck would I care about being banned from a place that consists of essay writing adverts and people looking flatshares? I told her so. She then said, and my fucking central nervous system is still recovering from this:

"Freedom of expression doesn't give you the right to be offensive!"

She actually said this. I just can not.

Had a minor breakdown yesterday. Really seemed like everything was going wrong at once.

For a while I've been organising a charity event at my studio for an organisation called Women's Aid. The idea is me and a bunch of other tattooists do a load of small walk up tattoos from pre drawn designs. General public show up, pick someone to get tattooed by, but instead of giving us the money they donate to a fundraising page I have set up. Sorted a team of good artists ready to come in who would have been able to raise a fuck ton of money.

They had all agreed to do it months ago, I'd advertised some of them and we had chatted about it etc. Yesterday, in no relation to eachother, three of them bailed. Which was half of my fucking team. The event is in two weeks.

Knowing we would be under staffed, struggling to tattoo loads of people and without much I can do about it was fucking shit. My girlfriend was away doing a demo at Imats yesterday so she wasn't even around to cheer me up. Luckily by the end of the night I had managed to get two more artists in. Hopefully I'll be able to get one or two more over the next two weeks.

Sorry, rant over. I just needed to vent a little bit

• Paid Members

While on the subject of sun screen, does anybody have any tips for avoiding heat rash? I got it for the first time ever in Spain a few years back and since then, on holidays in Greece and Spain again, I've got it every time. I put sun screen on, I try to stay in during the hottest parts of the day, all to no avail. Given I'll be somewhere where it'll be about 36 degrees every day for six weeks soon, I can't have this.

Take an antihistamine. It'll sort you right out.

What are you doing and where? my advice would differ greatly depending on that. If you're going tropical, my advice would be to stay out of the sun if you can between 11 and 2 at least when it's scorchingly hot. If you need to go out and don't want to find a good sunscreen or that's causing the heat rash then wear a shirt over your tshirt or just wear a shirt. If i'm on the motorbike in the daytime I always wear a shirt over my t-shirt to shield my neck and arms, works a treat for stopping burns. Heat rash ive only had a few times and it's usuallly when a shitty fabric rubs my burn or im sweating a lot in clothes so i'd suggest having a towel handy

• Paid Members

No good getaway stories I'm afraid, Chest.

I got banned from my uni's Facebook student group today. There was a big argument going on, I kid you not, about people not using trigger warnings "where they should be used." I said, "go write a tumblr blog about it." Then one of the admins posted that I needed to delete my "offensive" post or she was going to ban me. Well, why the fuck would I care about being banned from a place that consists of essay writing adverts and people looking flatshares? I told her so. She then said, and my fucking central nervous system is still recovering from this:

"Freedom of expression doesn't give you the right to be offensive!"

She actually said this. I just can not.

Which uni are you at Spurs?

• Paid Members

More #Dad than #Lad.

For a really shite LadsLadsLads shirt, check out this monstrosity...

la55_1_cloudzoom.jpg

Saw this cunt last year in Thomasland. Hate those douche t-shirts. "A blowjob is better than no job". "Adihash"

douche.jpg

• Paid Members

Had a minor breakdown yesterday. Really seemed like everything was going wrong at once.

For a while I've been organising a charity event at my studio for an organisation called Women's Aid. The idea is me and a bunch of other tattooists do a load of small walk up tattoos from pre drawn designs. General public show up, pick someone to get tattooed by, but instead of giving us the money they donate to a fundraising page I have set up. Sorted a team of good artists ready to come in who would have been able to raise a fuck ton of money.

They had all agreed to do it months ago, I'd advertised some of them and we had chatted about it etc. Yesterday, in no relation to eachother, three of them bailed. Which was half of my fucking team. The event is in two weeks.

Knowing we would be under staffed, struggling to tattoo loads of people and without much I can do about it was fucking shit. My girlfriend was away doing a demo at Imats yesterday so she wasn't even around to cheer me up. Luckily by the end of the night I had managed to get two more artists in. Hopefully I'll be able to get one or two more over the next two weeks.

Sorry, rant over. I just needed to vent a little bit

People are undependable wankers. Hope you get sorted.