Sign in to follow this  
Sergio Mendacious

Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Andy Guitar (a suspiciously convenient surname) seems okay, and he teaches a bit of Bruce on day 2, so that'll go down well here.

Fender are currently doing three months free access to their online lessons. As it's normally something they charge for, I'd expect it to be decent.

https://try.fender.com/play/playthrough/

In all honesty, most of the people offering beginners courses on YouTube irritate the fuck out of me with their bullshit statistics and utterly bizarre claims about why people can't learn the guitar without their secret method.

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce
Coronavirus

Andy's good too. Nice bloke as well. He came to our workshop a couple of months ago and made a video about our guitars we make. Really good guy and pretty good teacher.

So, not to steal Ralphy's limelight but I was attacked by a pheasant today whilst delivering to some farms. I was driving past the angry little fuck when he started chasing my van then full on air darted at the van twatting my side window repeatedly until I sped off.

I then went for my piss in the bushes down the road and who pop's his little head around the front of the van? That little pheasant fucker was baying for blood. I shook off and retreated as fast as I could.

Back at work and as I'm leaving I see a grounded bird pinning another bird to the floor casually standing on his head whilst a magpie watched. It struck me that I've noticed a fair few birds fighting like hell lately.

Maybe it's mating season, maybe I'm just noticing the natural surroundings I usually take for granted because there's no people to observe. Maybe we're all doomed.

Its the 5G they tell you. The 5G!

You sure you didn't stumble into the filming of the new Hitchcock movie?

How do you record a song from Youtube these days? Any online sites? Yes, I do pay for Spotify.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

58 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

How do you record a song from Youtube these days? Any online sites? Yes, I do pay for Spotify.

Theres a million and one websites that will do it for you

Anyone know how to do it for private videos? All the ones I've found don't work or are too sketchy. 

46 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Theres a million and one websites that will do it for you

Not any more they won't.

18 minutes ago, Undefeated Steak said:

Do we have an internet/websites great finds thread?

https://www.saltybet.com/

Bet fake money on user created bots. Nearest experience you'll get to being ringside during 21st century lockdown. 

I saw this on Reddit earlier but was too lazy/uninspired to click it. I'll have to now though. UKFF rules and that. 

Day 21 or so into lockdown and I've cracked, sat in the garden drinking novelty litre tins of shit lager that taste like Stella.

Stay safe and be sensible this weekend folks. 

I did a good deed by picking up papers for the 80 year old couple next door, while doing the shop. The gardeners supplement fell out so I had a look through and found this. Let’s be honest, £12.99 for a light up solar owl is a cracking price.

A792FB49-DE70-47D4-A1C9-391C433D7930.jpeg

E2EDBCE5-001C-4316-A3DF-66895CF2CA27.jpeg