Sergio Mendacious

Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

i will never be able to buy or look at a KWESH the same again thanks to this place, and this is why i love the internet! 

16 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I was watching one of them Twitch stream things of The CheapShow, Eli was making cheese on toast so I obviously typed "cheese on!?" into the chat, only to have him read it and say "THAT'S RIGHT! CHEESE ON" in the exact way I'd imagined it being said.

This is amazing.

Also Call the fucking Midwife and Mrs Brown at the bottom of all issues. They know their audience (the Karens of the world).

3 hours ago, Weezenal said:

DYER= TOGETHER AT CHRISTMAS

Except when there's Christmas Surprises. 

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Also Call the fucking Midwife...

Call the Midwife is lovely stuff.  Literally adored in our household.

7 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

TV is fucking garbage. Someone tell me when and what channel The Tiger Who Came To Tea is on so I don't have to accidentally watch any of this other shit.

Christmas eve, channel 4, 7.30pm.

Call the midwife is OK, the sort of TV that's gentle and reminds a generation of the old days without being too complicated to catch up on when you have to spend a penny mid episode. 

It's the perfect heartbeat replacement. 

People who know about mobile phones, help!

I've just switched networks and the switch completed this morning. Currently every time I try to send a text message it takes an age to send, then I get a 'message failed to send' message, then the person receives the failed message three to five times.

Should this be happening? Is this a quirk of just having switched and it'll all work fine in a few hours? Or has something gone wrong?

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Not sure if this is still a thing, but I've had to modify carrier settings in the past to fix things like this. What phone is it and who's your provider?