Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

I woke up to grab a drink of water last night, around 1am, and ended up sat in the spare room watching the most incredible borderline-tropical thunder storm happening outside.

Big flashes of light, tons of rain, loud thunder and the occasion lightening strike. It was non-stop. 

Halfway through, I realised the cat was still outside in that mayhem. I dashed downstairs, threw open the backdoor and the fucker just waltzed in bone dry. I'm flabbergasted.

I got back to bed at half 2 and now I'm fucking nakkered. Well worth it though.

Edited by Accident Prone
grammar, mate.

The flashing woke me up. I left the bedroom and BOOM momentarily thought the storm was somehow inside the house, so loud was the rainfall. It barely improved once I'd shut the windows. It was beautiful to observe, so many flashes across the sky with barely any of them eliciting any thunder.

• Paid Members

My missus and dog never even awoke for a second either, despite the thunder, big flashes of lightening and my constant exclamations of "OH SHIT" when it felt like the house was about to be obliterated.

I took a few video clips of the show, so here's the typical screenshot where it looks like it's daytime at 1:30am;

67771684_10218262337005058_7077639386891812864_n.thumb.jpg.d2d39fe85132b0ddfa0d602e9589d948.jpg

I just grabbed a few bits from the local Tesco and as I was walking down the dairy aisle there was an old chap with a bit of a look of Dr Shipman with a basket of shopping.

He reached up to the top shelf of the yoghurt shelf to grab some of those posh Danone's in a glass jar. He lost his grasp of the multipack and instinctively tried to catch his dropping produce into his shopping basket.

But he had a bit too much force in his forward motion and whacked the shelf with a massive donk which was enough for the shelf to dislodge from the bracket. Cartons of pasteurized cow juice was scattered right across the aisle.

• Paid Members

Bournemouth is lovely. We stopped there for a few hours on the way home after spending a week in Poole during the Easter holidays. Obviously the beach is nice but the park is also worth visiting, the rock gardens are beautiful.

• Paid Members

A fight broke out in a Britannia cruise ship. I’m not surprised, look at the fucking state of this, a full on patriotic Brexit cruise.

Hopefully it somehow ventures in to Somali, Iranian or Russian waters. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/richardgaisford/status/1155029988791468032 

E05AAC4F-1DBE-4B28-AD3B-71F759892CE6.png

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

12 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Bournemouth is lovely. We stopped there for a few hours on the way home after spending a week in Poole during the Easter holidays. Obviously the beach is nice but the park is also worth visiting, the rock gardens are beautiful.

Yeah we spent most of the day on Southbourne Beach, and around Christchurch as the idea is to actually move down there within the next 12-18 months. 

• neil locked this topic