Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

I love the "trials at Doncaster United (played against Wayne Rooney's cousin)" bit. Not only is that going to be a slight impossibility but gloating about not getting into a team who depending on the time of said trials weren't even in the football league at the time and then the tenuous link to a known player. Incidentally I have discovered there is a cousin who played football, Tommy Rooney made a single appearance for Macclesfield before promptly being passed on to Total Network Solutions where he was let go without a single appearance. Not a glowing endorsement if that striker gets in to games ahead of you! The whole thing is brilliant and gets better every time you look at it.

• Paid Members

59343034_666725343762841_624730341836954

Here's one I encountered on a hiking trail outside the Andalusian town I'm living in. Translation: "Francisco is single and is 47 years old, looking for a single girl that is 37 or 38 that has a car. For the reason call this number".

I had so many questions! Would have called the number to find out if my Spanish was good enough.Ā 

• Paid Members

The incel at work got me again this morning, this time whilst I was having a piss at the urinal. Apparently he hated the new season of Jessica Jones because it was filled with "Identity politics bullshit" and then he launched into a rant about the "untalented, overpaid"Ā writers that I didn't really catch as I threw the tap on full blast before drying my hands until he stopped talking.Ā 

For all his faults, he'd make a great reoccurringĀ character in a sitcom.

I love those ads that have those curiously specific details. You know in that case above that there's a reason why they need to fit those specific details. "Oh yeah, I'm seeing this well fit bird and she's 10 years younger than me with a real flash car! What, you want to go on a double date at some point, work couples evening?Ā Oooh I'll have to see when she's free...". I vaguely remember seeing a classified ad somewhere for a handyman. He talked about being able to do all sorts of tasks and his easy availability then at the end there was an almost casual "unable to do work within a set radius of schools" or something similar. Got to find that now...

57 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

The incel at work got me again this morning, this time whilst I was having a piss at the urinal. Apparently he hated the new season of Jessica Jones because it was filled with "Identity politics bullshit" and then he launched into a rant about the "untalented, overpaid"Ā writers that I didn't really catch as I threw the tap on full blast before drying my hands until he stopped talking.Ā 

For all his faults, he'd make a great reoccurringĀ character in a sitcom.

You need to summon the spirit of the great Danny Dyer in Football Factory when he tells that racist cab driver to ā€œshut his facking noiseā€

Id nip this in the bud before people start referring to you two as the Alt-Right Brothers. You never know, other people might hear this guys bullshit and smear you with guilt by associationĀ 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Id nip this in the bud before people start referring to you two as the Alt-Right Brothers. You never know, other people might hear this guys bullshit and smear you with guilt by associationĀ 

Haha! That concern did cross my mind but I found out at an office shindigĀ last month that everyone thinks he's aĀ massive knobĀ and that I'm just too polite to tell him to fuck off. So i'm good to just nod and get the fuck out of dodge for now, but at some point he will cross the line and I'll have to tell him to wind it in.Ā 

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Rashers has a good point especially with your better half's recent dalliance with the alt right. Evidence is mounting!

Shit, you're right! That's two dots just waiting to be connected. I need to quash this buffoon pronto, really make a statement about it. I'll tell him that I really enjoyed the Ghostbusters reboot or something.Ā 

• Paid Members

Tell him that although The Last Jedi was the greatest Star Wars movie of all time, it could've benefited by having more main female characters. Then sit down, put your feet up and watch him combust.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Tell him that although The Last Jedi was the greatest Star Wars movie of all time, it could've benefited by having more main female characters. Then sit down, put your feet up and watch him combust.

Ā