Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I personally hate New Years Eve. It's the ridiculous expectation that you must go out and have a "banging" night. Nah. I'm staying home, eating steak and watching Black Mirror. 

100% this, especially when it comes to going out in London. You have to get a ticket for wherever you go (even most pubs), the places are so packed you can only manage to get a couple of drinks and you can't move for shit. Small house gatherings with close friends or family are the way to go in my view.

We'll have some obligatory party food, some booze and some board games to see in the new year round our friends. Looking forward to it.

• Members

Just ordered a pizza, listening to Tigers Jaw, going to watch El Chapo and Black Mirror and shut out the sound of my fuckwit housemates as they ask again "Are you coming out?"...NO I'M FUCKING NOT FOR THE FIFTIETH TIME!!!

Got the girls from 07.30 tomorrow anyway. More excited about taking them to see The Jungle Bunch than I ever would be for going "WHEEEEEEEYYYYYYY!!!! APPY NEW YEAR YOU CUNT" to some random chap down my local. Fuck off New Years. Fuck off 2017.

• Paid Members

Got brother-in-law and his family visiting... lovely bunch. I took their 11 year old kid shopping as she has just announced she’s in to anime, street fighter and specifically Chun-Li. She’s good at it too. So yeah, took her to a shit load of geek shops I don’t have the excuse to go to anymore.

Anyway, I’ve got 30 butchers best sausages in the oven, 28 finger bread buns, fried onions, and ALL of the condiments. Several pizzas, shit loads of beer and we’re having street fighter tournaments all night. 

Enjoy your night folks, peace and love ya daft arses.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

Bit like "hating" Christmas, though, isn't it? It's only one night and it strikes me as something actually worth celebrating, rather than something based on religion. I reckon you might as well go to the pub and shake a few hands, give some well wishes. You can stay in and watch TV any day. Kiss the wife and marvel at the fireworks, you grouchy so and so!

• Paid Members

By the looks of it. I was home by half 1 tucked in bed I don't have a hangover and I don't actually remember the countdown. 

All in all, as positive as I'm trying to be lately. There's a reason I bloody hate having my birthday on new years day, and I think last night was just further proof of it.