Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

18 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Falling In Love Again by Not Eagle Eye Cherry.

Now, if you were going to go for an EEC song, it would be Save Tonight, wouldn't it?

I understand it's probably cheaper to have these instead of the real thing but the selection of songs sounds like a compendium of answers from Pointless.

Baffling.

Presumably the less ubiquitous songs are also cheaper to licence than the obvious ones? A double saving.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Whenever I see or hear McColls, I think

2sheds.jpg

I've never fully recovered from reading that. Just the memory of how it took me three attempts to make it all the way through gets me angry.

• Moderators

I still say this is the greatest line in literature history.

Ā 

Ā The first thing Rob instructed me in was sorting out the rounds for the paper boys. This is a pretty basic job, which saw me making up the rounds for the paper boys.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The second is "I made your facourite meal. A big roast chicken."

7 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Heading for a gym session before going on an all day party ready to turn 25 at midnight. Hope everyone here has a bloody lovely new year and I'll catch you all in 2018.

Jolly out.Ā 

Happy new year, Shy Dad. Hope things stay on the upswing for you in 2018.

My best mate has bailed on our NYE plans for some girl he's only met twice, which means I'm either staying in or going out on my own. I'm not sure which is more depressing.

• Paid Members

Mate head out by yourself. The best birthday and new year I had was when I ended up being bailed on, went out by myself and ended up not having to worry about everyone else enjoying themselves, where they wanted to go and leaving when they felt ready to go. It's such a party atmosphere midnight hits and it doesn't matter who's around.Ā