Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

So, as many of you know, I'm in the middle of a journalism degree. I wrote a piece for one of my modules and the lecturer loved it an encouraged me to pitch it around. I did that, nobody wanted it. It has been "published" by The London Economic which is an online outlet that does post some decent stuff, although they don't pay. Was wondering if anybody would like to read it and give me some (honest) feedback? I am sure it isn't great or groundbreaking, but I was quite proud of it as it was the first 80%+ mark I got in a module.

Anyway, it's here: http://www.thelondoneconomic.com/tle-pick/truth-dead-hope-resurrection/26/01/

If you DO happen to like it, please do share it. If you hate it, please tell me why, I want to be good!

• Paid Members

There's a band that I follow on Facebook (well, keep a casual eye on, rather than follow), where my interest is more to do with how long they've been around and how big their following is, considering they've done so very little in that time.

This week they've released their first new song in God knows how long, that they've been working on for ages, and....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFCQ_M_pCdc

It's not just me, is it?

I don't want to shit on them for the sake of it, but she can't sing (I'd say she's actually gotten worse over time) and the sound quality is like a bedroom demo rather than the product of multiple studio sessions with an engineer.

That was one of the worst things I've ever heard in my life. Please for the love of God, do the right thing and tell them to give up. Atrocious. Not only is the singing terrible, you're right. The instruments are so low in the music. Thanks for sharing though. Needed a lift.

• Paid Members

I always hold the door for somebody. Man or woman. I remember I did it for a man (oo-er) when I was about 16 (oo-er) and he blew me a kiss (oo-er), which was rather odd, but there you go. Kindness of strangers.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

about half an hour ago I felt the sudden need to go for my third poo of the day but when I got to the toilets both cubicles were occupied. I wasn't about to go down the the factory toilets so I just went back to my desk and now the need has gone. It's never a gradual need, I normal suddenly go "oh hello" get to the toilets, get it done and get gone, I'm not one of those "take the latest issue of Viz and read all of letterbox to make sure it's all gone" sorts, when I go it gets gone, and it gets gone quickly. but now the need has gone. I've got poo in me that shouldn't be there it should have gone half an hour ago but now I don't think it'd be able to come out if I tried. surely that's not good for me? that shouldn't be inside me any more and it's taking up space for potential future poo to build up. Could I.... could I die from this?

this is the thread where people talk about poo isn't it?

EDIT - I just went for a wee and there was nobody in there so I went for a sit down wee, opened the bay doors and nothing. normally I just have to allow it to come out (I never need to push, I eat a lot of Weetabix and drink a fair bit of ale and bourbon which usually leads to a fairly regular 5 free flowing poos a day) but nothing was there. it's gone back inside me, it's in the system now. i#m going to start sweating it out aren't I? shit sweat. that or death by an excess of poo.  this is the (rear) end times for me.

Edited by Harry Wiseau

There's a band that I follow on Facebook (well, keep a casual eye on, rather than follow), where my interest is more to do with how long they've been around and how big their following is, considering they've done so very little in that time.

This week they've released their first new song in God knows how long, that they've been working on for ages, and....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFCQ_M_pCdc

It's not just me, is it?

I don't want to shit on them for the sake of it, but she can't sing (I'd say she's actually gotten worse over time) and the sound quality is like a bedroom demo rather than the product of multiple studio sessions with an engineer.

That's so bad its funny, sorry mate.

this is the thread where people talk about poo isn't it?

I hope so, I'd been getting some blood on the toilet paper and after having a doctor's fingers up there this morning she seems to think I've got a small hemorrhoid and wants me to drink laxatives and put a suppository up my bum. I'll report back.