Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

I can't wait to read your later stories, where you and Stipe are intimately buggering, as Kenny G plays in the background.

Seriously though, I've thought about giving it a go as well. I need to work on my posture and improve my stretching/flexibility so either this or Pilates seems ideal.

Hope you keep it up and it continues to help. I'd tell your wife though, because if she does find out she might wonder why you've been keeping it a secret from her all this time. Then she'll find Man of the Moon on all of your iTunes playlists and put 2 + 2 together.

Get the DDP Yoga set & do this in your wife's presence, then tell her you'd rather like to give the local class a go.  She may even join in with it all, & you'll have found a great source of threesome partners.

• Paid Members

Anyone ever get this: you say a word you've spoken or heard or read many times before, but for some reason it doesn't sound/look right all of a sudden?

While reading Darb's post, I couldn't help thinking "milfs" sounds wrong, like the plural should be "milves". Milvish? Milvenkind? Weird.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I read an interesting article about this once and there was actually a particular word or phrase for when that happens, can't remember what it was though. In fact, I think there was even a discussion about it on here once.

• Paid Members

Anyone ever get this: you say a word you've spoken or heard or read many times before, but for some reason it doesn't sound/look right all of a sudden?

While reading Darb's post, I couldn't help thinking "milfs" sounds wrong, like the plural should be "milves". Milvish? Milvenkind? Weird.

I guess the technically correct way to present it would be MsILF because it's be Mums that'd be the pluralised word. "Mums I'd like to fuck" as opposed to "Mum I'd like to fucks"?

• Paid Members

I was wondering about the usage of dwarves vs dwarfs, and I found out that Tolkien coined dwarves. I also found this out:

"It may be observed that in this book as in The Hobbit the form dwarves is used, although the dictionaries tell us that the plural of dwarf is dwarfs. It should be dwarrows (or dwerrows), if singular and plural had each gone its own way down the years, as have man and men, or goose and geese."

Dwarrows.

It's called semantic satiation.

• Paid Members

It's called semantic satiation.

Thank you! Good bit of info to pick up at the start of the week.