Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

Makes me laugh at how Sky are going all out to push their Box Sets service. It's as if they're trying to make out they created the box set binge watching craze. People were getting stuck into DVD and Blu-Ray box sets long before Sky started making a big deal of it.  Everytime I browse their box set selections it's always full of stuff you've already seen over and over or it's shows that are on a constant loop across their channels anyway.

• Moderators

I legitimately want to punch the screen whenever I see punkstep's signature. I don't know why, but that picture of Arshavin really really really fucking annoys me massively. I have no reason for this, but fucking hell it makes me legitimately angry.

• Paid Members

My dad who's barely ever mentioned anything sexual to me in my entire life just told me he didn't see the point in anal sex because it was no different to shagging a bloke. I said surely the same could be said about blowjobs but he just didn't understand my point at all no matter how much I explained it to him.

• Paid Members

I legitimately want to punch the screen whenever I see punkstep's signature. I don't know why, but that picture of Arshavin really really really fucking annoys me massively. I have no reason for this, but fucking hell it makes me legitimately angry.

Look below

• Paid Members

That pic must have some kind of Marmite effect. I can't stop looking at it! Fascinates me, with his little elf-like expression. He reminds me of when Dick van Dyke dressed up as a rag doll in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

• Paid Members

Just heard that from 8th July Sky Movies will now be known as Sky Cinema.  People will still call it Sky Movies and then eventually they will probably go back to calling it Sky Movies. Why do companies have to piss about. Rant over.

I would imagine that they spent an inordinate amount of money on an agency to come up with ideas on how to improve brand recognition and they then recommended this, completely pointless, change.

The only one of these kind of name changes I can recall that worked in (semi) recent memory is when they changed UKG2 to Dave and viewing figures skyrocketed, despite it showing the same 14 Top Gear episodes.

Edited by Gus Mears

Haven't they used Sky Cinema before? It rings a bell

Timeline of the film channels on Sky:

Sky Movies 1989-1997

Sky Movies Screen 1 1997-1998

Sky Moviemax 1998-2002

Sky Movie Max 2002-2003

Sky Movies 2003-present

The Movie Channel 1990 - 1997

Sky Movies Screen 2 1997-1998

Sky Premier 1998-2002

Sky Movies Premier 2002-2003

Sky Movies 2003 - present 

Sky Movies Gold 1992-1998

Sky Cinema 1998-2002

Sky Movies Cinema 2002-2003

Sky Cinema 2003-2007

Sky Movies Classics 2007-2013

Sky Movies Select 2013-present

Sky Cinema will always be known to me as the golden oldies channel.

• Paid Members

I agree and I don't even know who the guy is - he just look like an annoying cunt.