Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

So my 8 year old Daughter wrote a letter to the Easter Bunny last night...

IMG_20190421_123434813.jpg

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Serious question, 

How does that topic of conversation come around? 

I'm other news I got a shout out on Radio 1 today and it's genuinely a highlight of my week

I may have told her I was going to stay up and catch the Easter bunny so we could have rabbit for Easter lunch.

Needles to say she did not appreciate that.

EDIT - She's pretty smart and knows that I'm really having a laugh.

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members

I've got an irrational hatred for that new Strongbow advert with two plonkers on a accoustic guitar singing the Giorgio Moroder & Phillip Oakey classic "Together in Electric Dreams". Bugs me to irrational levels.

Here it fecking is..

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

If you're gonna mess with Moroder, you better do it properly. I've not heard any covers of his work (i.e. stuff that he's written, rather than produced) that I prefer to the original.

• Paid Members

One of my pals was an extra in that advert. Canny pay day but as you’d expect, he questioned his sanity at the end of the day. Fake and flat pints of an already crap cider. Mmmm.

Picture how difficult it is to watch and then imagine being trapped in that bar for 9 hours with that being recorded throughout.

• Paid Members

Adverts are a nightmare. Stopping and starting every few fucking seconds while the director tries to get absolutely perfect lighting, angle, etc. It can wear anyone down. You don't see that level of perfectionism with film or TV. 

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Adverts are a nightmare. Stopping and starting every few fucking seconds while the director tries to get absolutely perfect lighting, angle, etc. It can wear anyone down. You don't see that level of perfectionism with film or TV. 

Looking forward to Sight and Sound's essay on why the Safestyle UK adverts were a more daunting cinematic undertaking than Citizen Kane.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Looking forward to Sight and Sound's essay on why the Safestyle UK adverts were a more daunting cinematic undertaking than Citizen Kane.

Talking more from an actor's perspective. I don't imagine crew would have all that much of a problem with it. But the stop-start nature of the process really had me wondering whether it made any real difference, given that, as I say, you don't get that level of perfectionism in film and TV, by which I mean really nitpicky. That said, most of the stuff I worked on was low budget, so perhaps it gets more finicky the bigger the production.