Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

I walked from Waterloo today to Monument then up to Tottenham Court Road, well Fitzrovia, and discovered that if you have time, then London is easily walkable to anywhere really.

Ā 

Oh, definitely. My uni mates and I used to walk from Russell Square (Bloomsbury) through Tottenham Court Road (Fitzrovia) through Soho to Piccadilly (Mayfair) on a regular basis. Pretty easy. The Tube's only really for if you're in a hurry.

• Paid Members

Was discussing exactly that last night ā€” realized that although I spent a long time at the seaside as a child, I love everything about seaside resorts except the beach. I like the sea, even, but it's either sandy and awful, or rocky and awful.

I also made the mistake of leaving my phone at home - thinking I could just chill without it - but I was bored as fuck sitting on a poxy deck chair. Sand everywhere.Ā 

• Paid Members

British beaches feel weird now because there's always so few people on them. As a kid you'd teeter around people looking for a good spot to put your towels down. Now you just feel self conscious because the nearest person is 50 feet away and just stood with their arms folded.

• Paid Members

I just went to the shops and was propositioned by a fat, cracked out hooker on my road. Broad daylight.

A mate of mine is going through a bit of a bad patch at the moment and so has been a little self destructive recently (sofas, MDMA, etc.).

During a two week period where he was convinced he had AIDS, he was propositioned by a girl offering a blowjob for Ā£20.

"Are you attracted to me?", he asked her.

"No", she replies.

"Well, I'm not particularly attracted to you either, so there's not really much in for either of us. I figured you must have fancied me at least a bit seeing as you were charging so little"

"I'm a crack whore" she explains.

"If I give you the Ā£20 and we don't have sex, can I have some of your crack?" He asks.

• Paid Members

Had a sore throat/cough for 4 months now. 2 weeks of antibiotics never stopped it, hayfever tablets didn't really help. No fucking clue what it is. It's doing my head in.

• Paid Members

A while back at work a few people kept mentioning that a guy in our department had a band and that they were playing a gig soon, if I was up for it. I couldn't be arsed obviously, mostly because I'm an antisocial prick but also because I assumed they'd be shite. Turns out he's the ex-drummer for That Petrol Emotion and his current band are an off-shoot of that, with all the old Undertones lads. Still probably wouldn't have gone like, I mentioned what a miserable arse I am, but it's still noteworthy.Ā 

• Paid Members

I just went to the shops and was propositioned by a fat, cracked out hooker on my road. Broad daylight. 2:30pm. I thought Tottenham was getting gentrified?!

Ā 

I've not been propositioned by a female hooker for years now. Seem to be mostly male ones up here, for some bizarre reason. I imagine the female ones have went online now for their business.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Lol, how did you get yourself out of that? Where you standing at a bus stop for "longer than you should have"? My bros mate got pulled for that. Thought he was a right rent boy.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Fancy dress party, uni years, 2007. I had fantastic long girly hair, a running joke clean shaven on the face how I resembled a woman. So my lass flatmates decided I'd dress as that for the party. Went to meet our flatmate coming back from the offie and next to our halls was a notorious curb crawling area. Idiot me waited there.

Ā 

How did I get out of it. Told them I wasn't a prostitute, I was a student. They sodded off and said 'have a good night love'. Bastards.