Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

A Facebook memory reminded me of this thread analysing The Jam's "Down At The Tube Station At Midnight", that went on for eight years.

https://www.ilxor.com/ILX/ThreadSelectedControllerServlet?boardid=41&threadid=33212&fbclid=IwAR1c8lMEcQlSSr7bZFf4e35oHqmw2V5-qiTwA55R46J1Kf2gdetQLMMZsvY

Some choice cuts;

if our narrator IS down in the tube station at midnight, isn't it a bit strange for his wife to be "lining up the cutlery, polishing the glasses and pulling out the cork" at that late hour?

if it was set in the future, surely he would sing it in a comedy robot voice?

him being a Rabbi adds to his sense of shame

To conclude: It's because of that cunt Weller we no longer have a steel industry.

• Paid Members

Filled out my bingo card of ridiculous shit today — first of all, got a fantastic followup on this picture, from late last year:

tumblr_p7jq9wqIwa1qf9csoo1_500.jpg.edf603db8e32300ae912dd6c50e7d6ee.jpg

Turns out that George is out

tumblr_inline_ph23q8tRvy1qewtkd_500.jpg.8678cc3496fd3e53baf8d9cd836a4c2e.jpg

And then, cycling back from doing some stuff at dinner time, I helped out a lovely Uruguayan couple who were trying to figure out the local bikeshare that I use. Helped them out, felt good about that. Was all paid in full when I asked where they were from.

60-fray-bentos-576998202906e.png.c868c81175b5f875191854587d9221c3.png

Condenser dryer filters.

Easy to take out, easy to clean.

Never go back in without some butchering and cursing. I know they expand/retract with the heat but the effort required just to get the bastard thing back in makes its use very unsatisfactory. 

First world problems eh?

• Paid Members

My favourite part of Le Louvre when I visited Paris last year was looking at the bollocks paintings. I found the infamous 'self portrait in a mocking gesture' but loved this one too. The true definition of the word Swag.

Over-elaborate hat? Check.

Tiger pelt in place of saddle? Check.

Bruce Lee jumpsuit from Game of Death? Check.

Screenshot_20181026-150134_Photos.jpg

Edited by PunkStep

Apparently, that #FREETOMMY abomination was by the same bloke who did that Cantona Man Utd Roman soldier one.  If Brian Sewell was on Twitter at the time, he'd have reviewed it, and the artist, thusly

DmRPtK2XsAEeiAdDmRPtcZW0AAyInx