Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

I am speaking to a lot of people of a similar age (30's and 40's) who have cut ties with one or both parents. I cut ties with my parents a few months after my first was born. I never realised how toxic or evil they were. I always defended them and then it started to breakdown. The last time we were all in the same room, my mum pulled out a prosthetic bra filler (she had a un-necessary mastectomy) and hit my wife in the face with it and then said she was lucky there wasn't a knife in the room.

It later turns out (as my brother still speaks to them, begrudgingly) the cancer she had (hence the mastectomy) never existed. But she still tells people she fought cancer and won. She is messed up.Ā 

So is there a generation of parents who are just absolute shits? Or are the three of us @SuperBacon

and @Steve JusticeĀ , just unlucky?

Ā 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

9 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I am speaking to a lot of people of a similar age (30's and 40's) who have cut ties with one or both parents. I cut ties with my parents a few months after my first was born. I never realised how toxic or evil they were. I always defended them and then it started to breakdown. The last time we were all in the same room, my mum pulled out a prosthetic bra filler (she had a un-necessary mastectomy) and hit my wife in the face with it and then said she was lucky there wasn't a knife in the room.

It later turns out (as my brother still speaks to them, begrudgingly) the cancer she had (hence the mastectomy) never existed. But she still tells people she fought cancer and won. She is messed up.Ā 

So is there a generation of parents who are just absolute shits? Or are the three of us @SuperBacon

and @Steve JusticeĀ , just unlucky?

Ā 

I think it's a fairly common thing. People have said to me over the years "but she's your mum", like it must be a given that I must remain in contact with her because she once pushed me out of her (by all accounts) well used fanny.Ā 

There must be loads of people who begrudgingly stay in contact with parents/siblings because you're brought up to believe that fahhhhmly comes first, when in reality they'd most likely be happier and more well adjusted by telling them all to fuck off.Ā 

Ah these signs are appearing all over Asia mostly due to Chinese and Vietnamese tourists. The older generations especially have probably lived in places with only squat toilets for the majority of their life and actually have no idea how to use a western style toilet. I've been into plenty of public toilets in Vietnam to find shoe prints on the seats. There are actually a whole load of signs specifically aimed at tours from these countries to prevent behavior in the places they frequent (Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, South Korea) that isn't acceptable. These also include no durian (a foulĀ smelling fruit) no hogging the food at a buffet and no writing your name on ancient relics such as the walls of the temples at Angkor Watt.Ā 

• Moderators

I think I've told this story on here before... Way back in the day when my family first came just to the UK. Most of the family had been exposed to western culture before, being pretty middle class for Indians living in East Africa. However one, particularly heavy set uncle of mine hadn't ever seen a western toilet before, so he perched atop it, kind of like that picture except of course facing the right way around because he's not an idiot.

Anyway, he slipped and broke the toilet and had to be rushed to the hospital. He had seven stiches on his arse.

Ā 

I don't mind if something has the durainĀ flavor artificially but those fuckers stink. We were upstairs in the wife's parents house last week and her mum opened one up and it filled the entire place with the stench. Anyone who tries to bring it on a bus, train or plane deserves to have the spiked outer skin rammed in their face.

Edited by simonworden

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I think I've told this story on here before...

There's no way you've told this story before!! Unless I've somehow missed it. Brilliant story (well, hope his arse recovered of course).

Where in East Africa did your family come from, Kenya?

• Moderators
17 hours ago, PunkStep said:

There's no way you've told this story before!! Unless I've somehow missed it. Brilliant story (well, hope his arse recovered of course).

Where in East Africa did your family come from, Kenya?

Kenya and Uganda. One of the big drivers for coming over here is that they lost their businesses when Idi Amin came to power in Uganda. They pretty much had to flee with nothing.