Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

35 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Went to a new pizza place, and one of the options was pancetta andĀ mashed potato.

Friend ordered it out of morbid curiosity. At one point, other friend chimes up with, "I don't see anything weird about it, it's just like having mashed potato sandwiches".

That's not a thing, right?

No it fucking isn't.

Put this next to " mad" and "random" people who dip their McDonald's chips in milkshakes.Ā 

• Paid Members

A couple of the girls at work here dip their McDonald's chips in their milkshakes. They also dip their toast into their tea as well, which is fucking rank. Imagine drinking tea with crumbs of toast floating everywhere. Absolutely rancid.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Ā dip their McDonald's chips in their milkshakes.

I thought it was just my mate Rachel who did that. First time she did it, I thought she was with child. It was the only rational explanation.
Can't believe that's an actual thing. Septic train of thought to even consider that. Akin to some bastard pineapple on a pizza.

• Paid Members

In France, one of the traditional things to have at breakfast is "le bol" - a big bowl filled with coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, or any morning beverage you can think of. Into this, you dip your croissant, petit pain, toast or these little crunchy bread things that are a sort of French crostini. Had quite a few of these when I went on French exchanges.

• Paid Members

A bloke I used to work with used to stirĀ Nutella into his tea and coffee. He'd never tell us the reasoning behind it though.Ā 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

I've seen people plop some HP Sauce into a cup of tea over here.

You guys have chocolate bars with Tayto cheese & onion crisp bits in them, so that comes as very little surprise.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

I don't agree with mixing sweet and savoury at all, Bomber, but I'm telling you now boss, next time you're hammered at 6am and you're dunking slices of ham into a jar of mayo or something less solid than ham, think twice and go to the pantry and get two slices of filthy white bread, real butter and a packidge of Tayto crisps and make a sambo. You'll sit there, breathing through your nose heavily with rogue bits of bread and crip on your chin, but you'll never be happier.

• Paid Members

Oh, I'm as partial to a crisp sarnie as anyone here - just the mixing with chocolate, especially cheese & onion, I can't doing with that kind of foolishness.