Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

I can hear Laurel predominantly, but faintly hear Yanny in the background. So it sort of sounds like yaLaurelny. I think this is down to my one slightly duff ear.

Laurent Koscielny?

• Paid Members
On 5/15/2018 at 11:13 AM, John Matrix said:

Gang, if this needs moving to classifieds, please just do so.

It's an absolute piss-take of an ask given the length of time it's been since I contributed anything meaningful around here, but after deliberating on it for weeks, i've finally signed up for a charity abseil this Friday down the 150ft high Peterborough Cathedral.  Yeah, ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY FEET.... 😕  I'm no great fan of heights at the best of times, but one of the two charities is one which was of great comfort during our last pregnancy and after a recent bout of ill health, I spontaneously signed up this morning in an attempt to try and give a little something back now that i'm back on my feet.

I know times are hard and there's not long to go, although I can continue collecting donations after the event, but if any of you kind lot, and I know there's plenty of you, could spare a few bob, however little, i'd greatly appreciate it, not the mention the thousands of people the charity supports who'll see great benefit from the funds raised once all is said and done.

Feeling generous?  Click here!

Thanks in advance folks, i'm off back under my rock.

I fucking did it lads!  

Jesus, never again.  "Did you enjoy it" people keep asking.  No, absolutely not.  I'm delighted and proud of myself for doing it, but enjoy is a word i'll never ever use to describe that experience!

I don't think I took a breath from the second I went over the edge, to when my feet touched the floor and as for my so called 'game plan' that went straight out the fucking window once the reality of the situation dawned on me.  "Keep your feet on the wall, baby steps" I told myself in the build up.  Bollocks, may as well have been fucking paralysed from the waist down for all the use they were.

I know of at least one UKFF'er who kindly donated, so a massive, MASSIVE thank you, words can't express how much I appreciate your kindness.  If anyone of you were holding off in case I bottled it, the page is still open as far as i'm aware, but none the less, thank you to everyone who kindly gave.

I'll try and get the video up tomorrow, but in the mean time, here's proof!

Abseil1.jpg

Abseil2.jpg

• Paid Members

Sorry for the double post, but I finally managed to overdub the sound of my kids nagging mummy throughout the whole ordeal and since it's pretty much the ballsiest thing i've ever done or are likely to do, I thought i'd share the video with you all.