Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members

I was going through my bathroom cabinet, clearing out old stuff that I didn't use any more or had just left with a little bit left over in the can/bottle, and found this, which is still good:

IMG_20180323_130333.jpg

EDIT: I am also aware this could theoretically go in the 90s Bangers thread too.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Chest Knows Best!

Hope that doesn't mean we'll see pics of him rubbing suntan lotion into Bess' arse while she sunbathes.

• Paid Members

So, I was the designated editor for a TV title sequence we were ordered to film as a part of one of my university modules. I actually used to be good at video editing. About a decade ago, I worked as an edit assistant at a production place in Soho. 11 years later, with totally different software and the hard living of my 20s behind me, it turns out my editing "skills" leave something to be desired:

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Hmmm. The whole production is a bit low quality. It's not as if you'd have had a Hollywood budget for it. What would you have liked to improve about it?

Better transitions between shots, better abilities with titles. My input is only the editing and trying to convey genre and theme and influences. It's a sitcom, with elements of slapstick, built around serious political issues and how those are handled. Blackadder meets Yes, Minister meets The Thick of It. I didn't have input about the shots I had available to me, so in that regard in feel better about it. I don't know. It just seems kinda shitty. 

• Paid Members

Yeah. They haven't given you the best material to work with. Maybe try and bring a bit more of a Young Ones element to it. It's a long time since I've watched The a Young Ones. I may be completely off target.

• Paid Members

Apologies for spamming my skating shit in this thread, but it was super nice this morning so I got up and gave some grinding a go while the skate park was empty. Looks like shit but I am making some small progress.