Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

8 hours ago, BomberPat said:

That is what I meant by AC Slater-ing - it was in addition to the Schoolboy Piss.

I know this topic has been discussed at length, but I still can't get my head around where your pants end up. To fully straddle the bog, if they're round the ankles they'd be getting caught up around the base, so you'd be forced to lean forwards precariously, but removing them entirely seems like an extravagance.

Of course it's an extravagance. It's an occasional treat. You don't AC Slater every time you go to the toilet.

What you don't want to do is be AC Slater-ing, hear someone walk across the landing towards the bathroom, panic that the door isn't locked, lean backwards from the toilet and stretch to try and lock the door, fall off the toilet and have your Dad walk in and see you lying on the bathroom floor, naked from the waist down with your trousers and pants in a neat little pile next to the bog. Not that it's ever happened to me, of course.

The fact that some commodes are built too close to the wall for Slatering to even be possible would, I'd have thought, be some indication to people that they're toileting incorrectly.

• Paid Members

For tomorrow's movements I'm going to go for the Steve Justice Special and use the cistern as a little desk as I ride the porcelain colt back to front just to report back here on the experience. 

I'm going through the looking glass tomorrow people, wish me luck. 

38 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Norovirus is fucking horrible. I've been flling the pan with Oxtail Soup all day

Its good for losing weight though!

I had it back in 2012 and there were about three days where nothing I consumed stayed down, keeping me slim by offsetting the fried chicken, chips and lager diet in my second year of uni.

• Paid Members
On 16/03/2018 at 1:21 PM, Uncle Zeb said:

I know I've mentioned this before, but taking part in the Stop Funding Hate and Sleeping Giants campaigns is one way to help encourage a more ethical media. Hitting the worst offenders where it hurts most - their advertising revenue - is something we can all contribute to.

I actually work with Stop Funding Hate. I'm a volunteer, so a couple of days a week I check out who is advertising in the Mail and the Express so the SFH Twitter account can call them out. I'm also involved in lots of research they're doing around various issues - not sure how much I'm allowed to say publicly about the exact topics we're researching (they are very worried about undercover gutter press journalists infiltrating them in order to discredit them: those papers are super worried about the pressure being put on their advertisers - I had to have somebody give me a reference stating that I wasn't actually an undercover). 

If you or @Carbomb wanted to offer any help, I'm pretty sure they're always looking for intelligent, dedicated people who can contribute in one way or another. You should get in touch.

Someone shared this on Facebook earlier. There genuinely are no words. Every time I look at the fourth picture on the listing I struggle to breathe for laughing. I'm tempted to buy it and keep it on my desk at work.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Life-Size-Yoda/323156034562?hash=item4b3d99c402:g:zSgAAOSwHPdallsh

The description on the listing is spot on at least- "Hand made, not another one like this"

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by cobra_gordo

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

Someone shared this on Facebook earlier. There genuinely are no words. Every time I look at the fourth picture on the listing I struggle to breathe for laughing. I'm tempted to buy it and keep it on my desk at work.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Star-Wars-Life-Size-Yoda/323156034562?hash=item4b3d99c402:g:zSgAAOSwHPdallsh

The description on the listing is spot on at least- "Hand made, not another one like this"

s-l1600.jpg

Still better than the Ronaldo statue.

@SpursRiot2012 - Thanks for that, might well give it a go.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I actually work with Stop Funding Hate. I'm a volunteer, so a couple of days a week I check out who is advertising in the Mail and the Express so the SFH Twitter account can call them out. I'm also involved in lots of research they're doing around various issues - not sure how much I'm allowed to say publicly about the exact topics we're researching (they are very worried about undercover gutter press journalists infiltrating them in order to discredit them: those papers are super worried about the pressure being put on their advertisers - I had to have somebody give me a reference stating that I wasn't actually an undercover). 

If you or @Carbomb wanted to offer any help, I'm pretty sure they're always looking for intelligent, dedicated people who can contribute in one way or another. You should get in touch.

How would one apply for this?

That's great @SpursRiot2012, good on you for lending a hand. And you're right, the likes of the Mail and their buddies (Boris Johnson for example) have been going to desperate lengths to misrepresent and bully the campaign, which just proves it's working. :smug: