Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

4 minutes ago, Au said:

Keith even said I was "a good looking man" last time I posted a photo of myself, too. Now I don't know what to think...

You are.  Don't you have a bit of forrin about you though? You're allowed to have dreads.

• Paid Members

Fucking proud of myself this morning I am, and if you've picked up even the slightest bit about me over time, you'll know that's not a state of mind that comes easily!

Been struggling to get our eldest potty trained.  Despite being sharp as a fucking tack and seemingly thriving against every benchmark, he was having none of it.  We've tried everything, letting him lead, trying to install times, nursery have had fuck all luck with it either. 

I always frowned upon parents I saw being 'childlike' with their kids, thought it was patronising and unnecessary, then of course, I had my own and found myself doing all manner of moronic faces and sounds just to get a laugh out of them, and it's one of those stupid ideas that worked believe it or not..

Playing in the living room monday, out of nowhere I started making a beeping sound, asking "Oooh, whats the sound?" then yelling at the top of my voice "AAAAARRGGHHH!!! IT'S THE POTTY ALERT!!!!" then assuring someone (yelling up at the cieling at thin air) "He's on it!  You can stop beeping now, he's on it!!".  He couldn't go.  He wasn't ready, but fuck me, if 20 mins later he didn't come up to me going "Daaaaaadddyyyy.....what's that noise?.........*beep*" and by lord if he didn't sit on it and unleash a mighty piss.

Know who I frown upon these days?  Twats like me who judge things and situations they know fuck all about.  Never been prouder, even if I have spent the last two days solid wiping down the potty every 15-20 minutes.  Entirely worth it.

• Paid Members

Have had to make the decision to abandon my masters degree as the anxiety and stress on top of everything else is making me even more ill trying to complete it. On top of that a job I thought I nailed the application on, had a ton of experience for and seemed a good fit for, extended its application phase by a month after they closed applications, meaning I've had to drop out through not being able to be unemployed and cashless until mid November. They're now using a lot of their staff to advertise the role as well which makes me think the extension was through there not being a good candidate which has left my confidence even further in the gutter. If anyone has any good recommendations for easy to watch TV/Cartoons, because right now I'm pretty broken as a person. Hard to shake a feeling of being 24, aspergic, with absolutely no life ambition, place to go or job prospects. 

Sorry to hear that, self care is so important for you right now. Try to avoid destructive behaviours and make a list of things you're good at.  Also remember that when you're in a bad place, you can't be a judge on who you are.  It's like a trial where only the prosecution gets to present its case and isn't a fair trial.

• Paid Members

Already on mitigating circumstances for trimester two through illness and needed to sort it for trimester three by next Friday meaning attempting to get to Bath for a doctors appointment when I can't even leave my room in Hereford. Just seems like delaying the inevitable if I intercalated. 

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I don't know anything about the medical side of things but have you watched Regular Show? Definitely my favourite cartoon of recent time.

Chest has good taste, Regular Show is brilliant. Adventure Time is probably my favourite though, such a feel-good show with a fantastic set of characters.

On 06/09/2017 at 4:53 PM, Shy Dad said:

On top of that a job I thought I nailed the application on, had a ton of experience for and seemed a good fit for, extended its application phase by a month after they closed applications, meaning I've had to drop out through not being able to be unemployed and cashless until mid November. They're now using a lot of their staff to advertise the role as well which makes me think the extension was through there not being a good candidate which has left my confidence even further in the gutter.

It's not easy but you have to remember that sometimes it's not you, it's them. The fallible human being responsible for shuffling through CVs has probably Peter Principled their way into their position and doesn't understand what they're supposed to be looking for or how to recognise it when they find it. Try not to let their ineptitude put you off your game when you know they've fucked up and let a good applicant slip through their fingers.

• Paid Members

Me and my girlfriend were due to move into our first flat together next week. The deposit was paid, contracts sorted our end and seeming all in place and had been for weeks, but I had a phone call this morning from the estate agents to say that they landlord has puled out because they were unhappy with the references, the references that were completed over a month ago. So now we're in a desperate panic trying to find somewhere else at incredibly short notice. Lesson learned, nothing's ever certain with renting until the keys are in your fucking hand.