Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, MrK said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but is that not when the flesh on the foot starts decomposing?

How the hell have you managed to contract that???

It's decomposition of the foot following damage and breakdown to the capillaries, most commonly from prolonged exposure to cold (but not necessarily freezing) and damp conditions. 

I assume anyone who has exposure to those conditions, such as outside rural working or long term trips hiking,  without proper care could develop it. It's not a disease or bacteria you can wipe out, it's the body's reaction to its environment.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, MrK said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but is that not when the flesh on the foot starts decomposing?

How the hell have you managed to contract that???

I work in wet coniditions for a fair amount of my job, then walk home over greenery for 2 miles.

7 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Double port with a single brandy is the best. 

It's one of those things that's so nice I normally only permit myself to have it over Christmas (like pork pies for breakfast or chocolate covered mini pork pies or Blanton's Gold) but with the weather seemingly on the turn I might treat myself this evening, thanks for reminding me of its greatness

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Harry Wiseau said:

It's one of those things that's so nice I normally only permit myself to have it over Christmas (like pork pies for breakfast or chocolate covered mini pork pies or Blanton's Gold) but with the weather seemingly on the turn I might treat myself this evening, thanks for reminding me of its greatness

Yes! Aside from the bank holiday, there's been a decidedly autumnal feel to weather the last week or two. Just woke up now and was able to say it was quite chilly so made myself a hot, sweet tea and a cheese and ham toasties for lunch. Fuck summer. 

On 13/08/2017 at 10:06 PM, scratchdj said:

We get 6 big bottles of fizzy water from Lidl for about £1.60, plop some ice in it and add a splash of Roses lime cordial for a quick homemade lime and soda. Bloody lush and hellova refreshing. It has to be Roses though. Despite being more than twice the price of supermarket own brand equivalent. Supermarket own brand lime is horrible.

Plus it's generally full of fake sweeteners which are bloody awful for your body.

Aspartame & Acesulfame K are the worst of 'em ... my body cannot process them, so I react quite badly to them.  Besides, with zero calorific value, why bother with the bloody things!?  In my estimation, & given a lot of reading on the subject that I've done, these synthesised sweeteners do more damage than good.

http://aspartame.mercola.com/

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

Au nau 

Keith even said I was "a good looking man" last time I posted a photo of myself, too. Now I don't know what to think...