Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

• Moderators
16 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Hm. That's interesting because since giving up booze and drugs (for the most part), not only has my Pepsi Max intake drastically increased but I also eat a lot more chocolate and cake and shit than I ever did.

The sugar is probably something to wean yourself off, but you should knock the shit eating on the head right away.

Right, not being funny, but this is fucking weird isn't it.Ā 

Every single time I stay at my girlfriend's parents house with her, her mother comes into her bedroom every single morning without knocking and opens the blinds and window while we're still asleep. This has been going on since we started seeing each other 7 years ago. No matter how many times I've remarked that it's an unusual thing to do and that it annoys both of us, she still does it.

Thats bizarre behaviour by anyone's standard, right?

Edited by Slapnut

That's such a parent thing to do when you're a teenager. Does your girlfriend live with her mum or is this just when you visit? What you want to do is sleep in the buff without a sheet covering you. That should dissuade her from coming in unannounced. Or make things weirder.

Diet soda = Brain haemorrages

Full fatĀ soda = diabetes & thin bones

I try to drink sparkling water only these days, you get the burn of the fizzy without the long term negative effects. Once you get over the taste, it's fine.Ā 

• Awards Moderator
11 hours ago, scratchdj said:

We get 6 big bottles of fizzy water from Lidl for about Ā£1.60, plop some ice in it and add a splash of Roses lime cordial for a quick homemade lime and soda. Bloody lush and hellova refreshing. It has to be Roses though. Despite being more than twice the price of supermarket own brand equivalent.Ā Supermarket own brand lime is horrible.

Wow, I feel I wrote that post! You are bang on with Rose's, we've been through every other brand but it's just the best by such a long distance. It's expensive so I end up buying truckloads when it's on offer.

• Paid Members

Having got increasingly stressed and down about lack of job interviews, being stuck in a city that is offering me less by the day and everyone seemingly getting on with their lives the way they want too, I just shaved all my hair off.

In a positive I do look like Hugh Jackman when he shaved his head to play Blackbeard so that's got.a laugh out of me for the first time in three days.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Turns out Trench Foot is still an actual thing.

Ā 

Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but is that not when the flesh on the foot starts decomposing?

How the hell have you managed to contract that???