Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

I've been binge drinking it for a couple of months now, it's bloody lovely. Like drinking spiced rum and coke but sans alcohol.

I think it gives me the shits, though.

It might be all the Aspartame, too much of it will give you horrid shits.

• Paid Members

I don't think so. At least, not for me. I drink anywhere between 2 and 8 litres of Cherry Pepsi Max a day and don't get the shits. I have to stop though. Dentist said the acid in there will end up fucking my teeth šŸ˜¢

• Paid Members

Weirdly, my piss is a normal colour and I sleep just fine. Caffeine doesn't seem to affect me, but that may be due to a high tolerance from all the Pepsi Max and coffee I drink.

But, come on, given some of my past vices? This is an improvement.

Yeah since coming off the ale I've been drinking pepsi max for fun, at least 3 litres a day. Ā Reckon it's to do with the sugar as pointed out hereĀ https://www.promises.com/articles/alcoholabuse/trading-alcoholism-for-sugar-addiction/

Ā 

EDITĀ (al fresco heart attacks are always in the rain for some reason)

Oh no.

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Moderators

Ooh, speaking of Bookies. Does anyone still have an independent local bookie? Mine is, one of only two in North Wales apparently. Will be a shame when they go. I don't see Sadblokes reacting well to "C'mon Colin, you can go bigger than that" haggling over odds. Probably because they aren't Colin, but still. The ability to phone a bet in after closing time and drop off what you owe pr have won the next morning is ace.Ā 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah since coming off the ale I've been drinking pepsi max for fun, at least 3 litres a day. Ā Reckon it's to do with the sugar as pointed out hereĀ https://www.promises.com/articles/alcoholabuse/trading-alcoholism-for-sugar-addiction/

Ā 

EDITĀ (al fresco heart attacks are always in the rain for some reason)

Oh no.

Hm. That's interesting because since giving up booze and drugs (for the most part), not only has my Pepsi Max intake drastically increased but I also eat a lot more chocolate and cake and shit than I ever did.

2 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Ooh, speaking of Bookies. Does anyone still have an independent local bookie? Mine is, one of only two in North Wales apparently. Will be a shame when they go. I don't see Sadblokes reacting well to "C'mon Colin, you can go bigger than that" haggling over odds. Probably because they aren't Colin, but still. The ability to phone a bet in after closing time and drop off what you owe pr have won the next morning is ace.Ā 

Not too far from me there is a Ladbrokes, William Hlll, Betfred, Coral and a Paddy Power all withinĀ 300 yards of each other. In-between them is a fairly small, but relatively cheap pub and a Wetherspoons. It's like a dossers paradise, there's a constant game of musical chairsĀ of people in cheap leisure wear going from the pub to the bookies and vise versa.