General Football 2016/17

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Hire me up Sky Sports, because I think that this has the potential to be THE BEST SESON EVER!!!

I genuinely can't think of when I have been more excited for a top flight season. The quality of manager this year will possibly never be topped. Mourinho, Pep, Conte, Klopp, Ranieri, possibly de Boer, Poch, Wenger and of course, Big Sam Allardyce. Bit of a shame that Benitez didn't keep Newcastle up, because that would have improved the pedigree even more.

I genuinely don't know who will win, or really have much of an inkling. If I had to bet, it would be Man City, more because I expect them to spunk an enormous amount of money than the Guardiola factor, but it could be any one of about eight clubs and I can never remember that being the case.

In terms of my club (Chelsea) I think we will do well to reach top four. It's likely to be a bit of a rebuilding season after last years catastrophe. Wouldn't be shocked if we mount a title challenge, but would be less shocked to see us beached around eight or so. Likely we'll finish somewhere in the middle around fourth if I guessed. I will consider this season a success if we play something other than 4-2-3-fucking-1.

• Paid Members

I'm interested in seeing how Benitez will do with Newcastle. Hoping they do a Southampton - having finally fucked off after boring everyone for years doing nothing, they go down, get better and interesting, and come back up to impress us all.

• Paid Members

Having been to Wembley, getting promoted and beasting our league a lot, Hereford's on their way back up slowly. Hoping the club manages to keep above 2,000 for non league games as they did all season, the crowd support while at times being a bit dickheadish away from home has been pretty awesome at home anyway

I fancy Newcastle to bounce back up. I'm not sure about Villa though, Di Matteo if hired doesn't seem the type to get them back up, think he will try play too nice football and will leak lots of goals because of it.

The Premiership is just going to be ace, even the cup competitions will have four new managers (Klopp, Pep, Mourinho, Conte) trying to have short term success, throw in Poch and whoever Everton reveal and domestically its going to be a great season.  

Of all the teams Chelsea is the one I have no idea how they will do next season, I can't see top four based on the the teams above them but they will no doubt have cash to splash. 

And I have forgotten about Leicester too with everything said above. New season can't get here soon enough! 

Villa need to be realistic and aim for playoffs year one. Concentrate on not getting dragged into bottom half and rebuild

Archived